💋𝟑𝟓.

"Unforgettable. . ."
-Drake & Young Jeezy💋

Chapter 35:

Omniscient

Brooklyn Hospital Center

Things seemed to move in slow motion as Ariel sat with her face in her palms, bent over in worry as blue scrubs rushed in numerous directions around her.

She hated everything about the hospital. Its sterile scent made her stomach turn, the pale white walls were numbingly disgusting. She had seen one too many hospitals, laid in one too many electric beds, met one too many nurses.

If she never stepped foot inside another hospital again she could die a happy woman. She had been sitting for hours, waiting impatiently as her foot did a tap dance against the tiled floor.

"Hey Ari', is there anything I can get you?" Alex asked concerned, claiming the empty seat next to her.

Ariel glances around the packed lobby filled with members of The Bowe Crew, along with Brandy and Paris present. She looks at Antwan sitting across from her with his head buried in his hands, and tears filled the brim of her eyes in rage.

She silently blamed him, and she felt like this was all of his fault.

Ariel shook her head, "No, I just want August to be okay."

Alex nodded as she soothingly rubbed Ariel's back trying to console her. A mixture of anger and concern brewed inside of her chest. There had been so much blood.

August had been in so much pain.

God, please be with him. If something happens to him, I'll die. . . .

"Are you all waiting to see August Alsina?" Her prayers were interrupted by a young black girl with a fresh doobie wrap and a friendly smile.

Ariel looked up. "Yes we are, how is he?"

"Are you next of kin?" the nurse asked.

"No, I'm his. . . Fiancée. Ariel," she said quickly, eagerly. Her desperation was apparent.

Antwan stood up, "But I am. He's my brudda', is he okay?"

"--Is he out of surgery?" Ariel asked with worry. "Please tell us something. We've been sitting here for hours. No one will tell us anything."

"Well I apologize on behalf of the wait. I'm Nurse Elaine," the girl responded. "August is out of surgery, and the doctors did a wonderful job. They removed the bullet from his chest and repaired most of the damage. He will need to stay here for about a week, but he is very lucky."

Ariel placed a hand over her chest and breathed a sigh of relief.

"Can we see him?" she asked.

Nurse Elaine nods, "Of course. I'll show you both to his room,"