I'll be the darkness. . . -Tam's POV

*all characters belong to the fantastic, amazing, Shannon Messenger*
(Author of the kotlc series)

All we hear is a babble of adults trying to figure out what happened. Fitz, Dex, Keefe, and Linh where sent on an assignment for the Black Swan and all came back unconscious. The door opened and I clenched my hands. "What happened!" I growled. "Where is she." Elwin sighed deeply. "Linh is in a coma." He turned to Sophie and Biana. "So are Fitz and Keefe..." I heard a soft thump as Sophie fell to her knees. Biana dropped down also to comfort her. Sophie sobbed. I was angry, at Elwin for not telling me, at Linh for going, and at me... for letting her. I punched myself in the stomach and fell to the floor. Sophie looked over shocked. "Tam! What did you do?!" I just groaned. Maybe that was a little extreme... Sophie touched my shoulder and my heart fluttered. Wait what! Fluttered?!? That only happened to elves like Fitz or Keefe! She pulled away at the same time I did. The movement hurt, a lot. I sucked in a breath, everything was spinning and then... black.

I woke up in a bed in the healing center. My head HURT and so did my stomach. What happened? I look over and see Linh in a cot, two beds over. Oh yeah. I groaned and Sophie burst through the door. "TAM! Your awake!!" She hugged me and I stiffened. Sophie gasped and pulled back, red a tomato. "I...umm...errr...I think I hear Elwin... no wait.. hehehehehe." I snorted and rolled over to hide my blushing. Luckily Elwin came in to check on me. He saw me and Sophie dying and politely told her tell Mr. Forkle about what happened. She darted out of the room. I was still blushing. What was happening?

Sorry! This is kinda short! ❤️ love these characters but it's hard to recapture their identity in this. This is also my first story here on Wattpad so let me know if it sucks!