Part 63

Dear diary,
My hair is wet and my body is sore, but when I look at him my pain fades. "I want to see it when you're done" I scolded Klaus. "My queen your flower crown is falling" He chuckled from behind a canvas. "Shoot" I sighed, reaching my hands to my head levelling out the crown with a soft touch of my fingertips. I don't know why Klaus thought now would be the perfect time to paint me. My hair was wet and knotted, my clothes were soaked in lake water. My flower crown made of dandelions was too big and keep falling off my head. I was a complete mess, and yet I didn't care one bit about my looks. I was too forces on Klaus's eyes darting back and forth, piecing together every detail of my face. I was amazed of his show of restraint, just a few minutes ago we couldn't keep our hands off one another. I followed his gaze with mine, but his sharp moments made my head spin. I had never had a self portrait before, apparently I wasn't very good at keeping still. "I thought vampires would be quick painters" I giggled looking over at the sprinkling water, that dance in the sunlight. "And I would've deemed you a poet" Klaus sighed. "Please I must know more about you" Klaus quietly spoke lowering his brush. "Isn't being a mystery more enchanting" I wondered, peering over at him. A lie, the truth was that I am still unsure of my past. I only saw short tellings from my point of view the lasted mere seconds. "I guess" he mumbled under his breath. We were silent for a moment, before it was broken but the scrape of Klaus brush against the canvas. "Oh please" Georgina smirked. "You couldn't possibly be as bad as this monster" she said taking a seat beside me. I hate how she appeared at the most inconvenient times. "Ah yes forget me, I'm not here" she said in her dramatic voice, the tips of her fingers lightly touching her breasts. "Don't look at me all you want sister, but I see a change in you" she said. I could feel the stare of her piercing black eyes. I slowly turned to her, unsure of what she meant. "Look at yourself, you dress like them, you act like them, you even talk like them... what the hell happened to you, and if you say love I will smack you silly" Georgina scoffed. Georgina quickly grabbed my chin forcing me to look up at her. "You have fun with the modern man I'm going out" she wink at me before disappearing into dust. Leaving me speechless. I turned back to Klaus. Georgina was right for once, I had changed. I have become selfish. I rather spend my time with Klaus and Elijah, than helping Rebekah with her problems or better yet getting home to Marcel. Lust had consumed me, making me blind. Enough was enough, I was going to tell Klaus that I was leaving tonight. I was going home no matter what it takes. My brain awoke from its rant when I saw Klaus being to speak. "Done" Klaus said looking up at me with a smile as he turned the canvas to face me. I didn't even take a second look. "I look beautiful" I said our eyes meeting. I blinked once and Klaus was gone. I was sitting in a chair in a dark blush dress. I was stunned as I turned my head to look around. The room was dark and lonesome. "She must not move" someone yelled. I looked straight ahead, following the voice. I saw a small man standing behind a canvas. Then whispers. "I don't care that she's the Empress of China, if she doesn't keep still I will quit" the short man yelled. Was this another memory? I blinked again, and everything was gone. I was back at the lake. "Your nose" Klaus pointed. "What" I mumbled touching my nose. Smearing dark blood across my hand. It was as if nothing had changed, no time had passed. My memory had only happened in a blink of an eye for them but mere minutes for me. "Here take this" Klaus said passing me a rag. "Thank you" I apologetically said, lifting the rag to my nose. Cleaning the blood from my face. I truly wondered if what I saw was a glimpse from my past, and if it was... the book written by the oracles would surely have the answers I was seeking.