chapter 1

I will recommend songs to listen to throughout the story. ☆
Song For This Chapter: "The Middle Of Starting Over" by Sabrina Carpenter ( ꈍᴗꈍ)

It was a surprisingly calm, warm, and beautiful Tuesday morning in Tennessee.
I was just getting ready for my first day of school. I was about to start 8th grade at Stone Lake Middle School. My family had just moved to a beautiful two-story house over the Summer and it was right outside the city. Stone Lake was known as one of the smaller and poor schools in the entire county, but it didn't matter to me. I was too excited because it would be so much easier to accommodate myself there and feel more comfortable.

I had anxiety and didn't have a a lot of friends so this would be a great opportunity for me to create beautiful friendships. At least that's what I thought. So, I put on a pair of brand new denim skinny jeans, my favorite t-shirt, and a brand new pair of pink striped vans my mom bought me because I love pink. I went to the kitchen downstairs and served myself a bowl of Cocoa Puffs. It was my favorite cereal ever and it would fill me up enough until lunchtime. When I finished my bowl of cereal, I shouted to my mom, "I'm going to the bus stop now! See you later! Love you!" as I exited the front door and walked to the bus stop, which was down the street.

As I approached the stop sign with quick steps, I saw a girl standing beside it. She looked like she was around my age, so I said, "Hi." and she said, "Oh hi." while she smiled. We both waited until the bus got there and once it did, I hurried inside. I sat in the middle of the bus and once in my seat, I took out my earphones and put on "Who Says" by Selena Gomez because that was the song that always boosted my confidence when I felt nervous and I needed a boost. I looked outside the window and made the sign of the cross because in about twenty minutes, I would step inside a brand new school for my last year of middle school.

As I walked inside, there were a lot of kids that looked a bit lost. I was walking along a long hallway after being left in front of the gymnasium and I had taken my schedule out of my backpack. I was thoroughly reading to find my homeroom. I saw some kids walking by and then, I stood next to the door of a classroom saw a tall, brunette woman standing by my side. I asked, "Is this room 114?" and she said it was so, she invited me in, and as I walked in I saw that the classroom was decorated very nicely. It felt like a cottage because it was warm and had a lamp in a corner with a little bookshelf near the windows. There weren't a lot of kids in the class yet, so I sat in the table near to the windows.

It was only 8:15 AM. When everyone started pouring in, Mrs. Margot started setting her the white board to a very colorful presentation. It read, "Welcome to Reading/LA class!" in a black font, but with very colorful photos surrounding it. She waited until everyone was sitting down to finally introduced herself. When everyone was quiet, she said, "So hi guys! Welcome to my classroom! I'll be teaching you all about literature, the wonderful but confusing grammar rules, and how to write essays, but first I have to introduce myself in a proper way with a short PowerPoint!" She started her presentation and as soon as she finished, we all clapped inaudibly and some kids started talking to each other. I was sitting in a table with two girls: one of them was a pretty, thin black girl and the other a thin, messy, white girl who looked like she would be fun to talk to. I didn't talk to them though. I was too nervous so I just waited until the teacher started her lesson plan, but she told us she had a syllabus for us instead. She handed them out and explained everything we would be learning throughout the year.

Time passed fairly quickly and soon I was in the cafeteria. I realized lunchtime was during Math class with Mrs. Lane and I was actually excited because that class was my least favorite. I was always bad at Math and I could use a distraction. Since I was the new kid, I sat on an empty table with another girl on the other side of it. I was eating chicken tenders, a fruit cup, and chocolate milk. When it was time to go, our class went back to the classroom and by then, we had about twenty minutes to leave and go to our last period of the day. As we were leaving, Mrs. Fisher said, "Please bring back the syllabus signed by your parents or guardians!" and she waved us goodbye. I exited the classroom quickly and confidently to my 7th period class of the day. "It was finally the end of the school day," I thought to myself. As I approached the doorway of a classroom that was almost in front of the front office, a short, but good-looking man with glasses stood beside it and he said, "Hi. Come in!" and I realized he was the teacher for my Science class. So I smiled at him and slowly went inside the dim lit classroom. I was still nervous, but happy. I loved Science a lot and the teacher seemed nice.

I sat on a table, that once again was near a window, where three girls were already sitting, talking to each other. I was sitting in a chair at the end of the table. I smiled at one of the girls who was looking at me on the other side. She said, "Hi! What's your name? I'm Alejandra!" and I smiled at her and told her my name was Luna. Luna Allende. I was named after a singer and I actually loved it, but almost no one had that name so I always felt different. Well, I was different. I was always shy. Suddenly, as I turned back around, I saw him. A tall, slim, but beautiful boy. He was standing in front of me at one of the tables besides mine, in the middle, of the class. He was wearing shorts and red vans, like mine. I don't why I couldn't stop staring at him, but I looked away. He didn't even turn around, but I felt myself, blushing and then, I smiled. My heart did a tiny flip.

It was the first day of school and we didn't do much at all. Then, Mr. Carter said, "Tell your parents to sign the class syllabus! It's very important!" and he told us to put our chairs on top of the table. We waited until the bell rang and in the meantime, we could use our phones. I didn't bring mine, so I just stood near the door and stared at my shoes. Then, at him again, but this time he was also looking at me. He stared for while, but quickly turned away to talk to his friend in a light blue t-shirt. As I looked at him, I thought, "He is very cute." But then, the final bell rang meaning it was time to go home.

*The picture above is what inspired me to share this story, which is based on some true events, but of course romantic*

I got home from school on the bus. My bus number was #35 and the principal and one of the teachers that stayed on bus duty, which was when a teacher had to go patrol the kids going home after class, said, "Buses #35 and #60 will be going to the high school and will then come to Stone Lake to pick y'all up!"