RaghVi OS: Two Truths and A Lie

A/N: This story is set just after Raghav-Pallavi's marriage, when Raghav realized that Pallavi was not behind Keerti's scandal. In this shot, Raghav and Pallavi are staying in a hotel because of an emergancy. Happy Reading!

***

Raghav paced around his room. He had to earn forgiveness from his Saari ka dukaan. 'His', he smiled at the thought. But here she did not even look at him. How would he talk to her if she avoided him like Plague? An idea struck his brain.

"Manager, Manager", Raghav shouted, coincidently (or not) near Pallavi's room. Manager of the resort came running to him, "Yes sir, how may I help you?", the manager asked in a professional tone. Hearing the commotion outside her room, Pallavi came out to check. "Help", Raghav laughed a bit then continued, "There is no electricity in my room, how am I supposed to manage?" Raghav complained. "Please, let me check sir", said the Manager and both moved towards Raghav's room. Pallavi, being curious, followed them. Raghav saw her following them from the corner of his eyes and smirked. "Stage 1 successful", he did a mental happy dance. "Sir, I have no idea how the main supply wire was damaged, I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I will get it repaired by tomorrow morning", the manager apologized to Raghav after inspecting the cause of lack of electricity. "To hell with your apologies, manager, how will I sleep in this room without electricity? Arrange some other room for me", Raghav ordered the Manager. "I will check rightly away, sir. Please make yourself comfortable in the lounge till then", with that Manager moved to make the arrangements. Raghav moved to the lounge, Pallavi still following him. Ordering a drink, he sat down on a couch in the corner, while Pallavi took a seat some distance away. Manager made a reappearance with an apologetic face, "I am extremely sorry sir, there are no rooms available at the moment, we are fully booked.". "What the hell", Raghav shouted, "Where should I go in the middle of night? Is this how you take care of your customers? Is this your hospitality?", Raghav complained. "Please calm down sir, I will make arrangements in some other hotel", the manager tried to make amends. "I don't want anymore of your help. Mai mera arrangement khud kar lega", Raghav dismissed the manager. 

Just then he faced Pallavi and acted surprised. "Pallavi, tum itna raat ko bahar kya kar raha hai? All okay?", Raghav asked her. "Waise achha hua tum idhar hi mil gaya, mujh par ek favor karega?", Raghav asked before she could answer his previous question. Pallavi knew what was coming but still acted unaware. "Kya favor?", she asked. "Mere room me electricity nahi hai, hotel me dusara room bhi available nahi hai, dusara hotel 2 ghante door hai yaha se, itni raat ko drive karna safe nahi hai, kya ek raat ke liye tum apna room mere saath share karega please?", he asked with puppy eyes. Pallavi swore that she would have refused right away had she not seen the entire ordeal with her own eyes. "He is your husband, you wear his mangalsutra and sindoor, he hasn't crossed his limits ever, there is no harm in sharing the room for a night", a part of her brain whispered. "Fine, you can stay with me for tonight", Pallavi said and Raghav's eyes brightened with happiness. "Thank you so much, Pallavi", he said and did the mental happy dance again. After all, Stage 2 was successful too.

"I sleep on this side of the bed, you can take the other one", Pallavi instructed Raghav as he emerged from the washroom. He nodded and lied down on his side, while Pallavi switched off the lights. She lied down with her back towards Raghav. It had been an hour since the lights were switched off, but sleep was away from both Raghav and Pallavi. Raghav finally decided that it was the time for Stage 3. "Tumko bhi neend nahi aa raha, Pallavi?", he asked cautiously. "Mujhe neend aa rahi hai ya nahi isse tumhe kya?", Pallavi spat. "Hum dono ek game khelte hai phir", Raghav spoke again. "Kaunsa game, mujhe nahi khelna tumhare saath koi game", Pallavi refused. "Pahele sun toh lo, is game ka naam hai 'Two Truths and A Lie'. Bahut easy game hai, jiska turn hai vo 3 statement bolega apne baare mai, jisme se 2 sach hoga and 1 jhoot. Dusare ko yeh guess karna hai ki kaunsa statement jhoot hai", Raghav explained the game. On getting no response from Pallavi, Raghav initiated, "Mai start karta hai, Mujhe clubs me girls ke saath parties me jana bahut pasand hai, mai ek trained Bharatnatyam dancer hai, mai school me topper tha". Pallavi turned towards Raghav and said in a matter of fact tone, "Kitna easy hai yeh, tum topper the yeh jhoot hai". "Galat answer, Pallavi, right answer hai girls ke saath parties me jana", Raghav revealed, to which Pallavi replied, "Liar". "Sacchi me tum Farhad se puchh lo, aur Amma se bhi ki mere school me kitne achhe marks aate the", Raghav tried to justify himself. 

"Vaise ab tumhari turn", Raghav reminded Pallavi. She thought for a minute and said, "Mujhe cooking pasand hai, mai district level kathak competition jeeti hu, mai kabhi bhi aeroplane me nahi baithi". "tum kabhi bhi aeroplane me nahi baithi is the lie, haina?", Raghav guessed. "Wrong answer, Mr. Rao", Pallavi said with a small smile. "Toh phir right answer kya hai?" Raghav asked, to which Pallavi answered, "Mujhe cooking pasand hai is a lie". Raghav pointed out "But tum toh bahut accha khaana banate hai", then quickly added, "Aisa Kirti mujhe bola". 

"Accha khana banane mai, cooking pasand hone me difference hai. Mai accha khana isliye banati hu kyuki mai 12 years ki thi tab se cooking kar rahi hu, practice ki wajah se. But agar choice ki baat hoti toh mai kabhi cooking choose nahi karti", Pallavi explained. "Ek question pucchu?", Raghav asked. "Pucch lo", Pallavi said. "Tum itna accha Kathak karta hai, maine dekha tha Sangeet me, tum district level bhi win kiya, phir abhi kyu Kathak chhod diya?", Raghav voiced his question. "Jab mai district level jeeti toh mujhe state level competition ka invitation aaya but ussi time mere liye Mandar ka rishta aaya, ghar accha tha toh Dada pe rishta accept karne pressure aaya, Deshmukh family se nahi, meri hi extended family se. Unka kehna tha ki agar vo mujhe shahar ke bahar bheje, dance ke liye, aur kucch ulta-seedha ho gaya toh. Mai Dada ko meri wajah se aur pareshaani me nahi dekh sakti thi, Mandar mujhe apne liye acche lage, isliye maine shaadi ke liye haa bol di. Phir shaadi, Mandar ki death, Baba ka heart attack, shop ke losses, in sab ke beech time hi nahi mila", Pallavi told her story. 

Pallavi was surprised, of all people Raghav was concerned about her interests and wants but she felt lighter after revealing this forgotten aspect of her life. "Tumhe pata hai, yaha Hyderabad mai, Kaveri Madanu, vo famous Kathak dancer, uska academy hai. Vo talented dancers ko train karta hai National and International competitions ke liye. Tum vaha jana, Kathak practice karne ke liye. Vo sirf talent ke basis par hi logo ko select karta hai", Raghav gave her the information. Pallavi nodded. She felt strange, no one had given her suggestions to continue her Kathak in a professional manner. Sure, Aai and Baba didn't deny her dancing, but somehow it was only limited to family functions, even there some people scorned. She felt her eyes drooping and finally gave in to her sleep.

Raghav watched her as she lulled into sleep. Once sure that she was asleep, he wrapped her in the comforter and whispered a Good Night. His mission was finally successful. The game of 'Two truths and a lie' was not so bad afterall. He didn't know if their marriage would work or not, would she ever accept him as her husband or not, but he, for sure, knew that he would support Pallavi to follow her dreams and live her life on her own terms. She deserved every bit of happiness and he would fight anyone, including himself for her happiness. With that promise to himself, he slept.

***

Hello everyone,
Hope you all enjoyed reading this. Do shower love in the form of votes and comments. Would love to read them all.

With Love,

Shri