•3• Vacation Tea

Dave

"Karen slept with Smoke." Those words echoed through my brain.

Karen put her hand over her mouth as she looked at me and Smoke stood up.

"What? No, no she didn't..... Karen is my sister and best friend. She knows how much I love that man. She would never hurt me in that way again. Not after the promise she made me right Karen? Tell her." Dorinda said.

Looking at Smoke, I could tell by the look in his eyes that what Rain had just revealed was true. I went quiet as I looked at him, then at Karen.

"Karen, tell me... tell me it's not true. P-Please?" Dorinda's voice broke as tears came to her eyes.

Putting her face in her hands Karen sobbed.

"I-I'm so s-sorry."

"Oh my God...." Dorinda trailed, getting up.

Karen stood up too and so did I.

"Dorinda, please.... please? You've got to understand that I never meant to hurt you. I don't know how it happened it just did and I-"

"STOP!" Dorinda yelled, turning around to look at Karen.

She had tears down her face as she looked at Karen.

"I don't want to hear what you didn't mean to do. You did it. That's the whole point. You fucking did it and you can't take that shit back. I never thought you would hurt me like this. Not after you promised that after the slip up you'd act right. We've been through so much shit together. You knew the heartache I've been through dealing with relationships and this is what you do to me? This is what you do? You know what... I can't do this right now. I-I can't. I don't want to talk to you, look at you, nothing. I'm so done. I am DONE!" Dorinda yelled, walking away from Karen.

Dorinda stopped and looked at me with tears down her face.

"Dave, I'm so sorry. I don't know how you're about to deal with this, but one thing I know is that I need to be alone away from everyone for awhile because if I don't I'm going to kill everyone and I do mean everyone your wife included. I don't want to go back to jail so it's best that I go." Dorinda sniffled.

Grabbing her hand, I held it.

"I understand. Do what you gotta do Doe. I'll check on you later." She nodded her head before walking out.

"Uh, I think it's best that we clear the room so you all can have some room to talk. Come on everybody." Twinkie said, getting up.

"Y'all go ahead. I know since Doe can't Ima handle this trick for the both of y'all. Come here bitch!" Jacky yelled, grabbing Rain by her hair.

Watching her drag Rain out of the room with her kicking and screaming I knew that Jacky was about to beat her into next year. No one bothered to help her except her sister Riley but Kierra quickly stopped that.

"If you lay your hand on my auntie I will personally drag you outside and beat you like a hoe on the street. I would mind my business if I were you."

"So you think I'm just supposed to stand back and watch my sister get hurt?" Riley asked.

"It's because of your sister all this drama is happening!" Kierra yelled.

"You know what.... I'm out of here!"

"Bye bitch!" Mia yelled.

"You think we're supposed to cry because you leaving? Girl bye. Get over yourself." Malaysia added.

Riley scoffed before walking out. The room began to clear out slowly. Everyone left except Twinkie. Karen held her hand not wanting her to leave her alone. Seeing Smoke trying to leave, I stepped in front of him.