1. a new begin

eighteen years.

eighteen long years since Laura passed and Carmilla still felt her loss as if it was fresh.

she was still in Styria. she couldn't bring herself to leave the place she and Laura had fallen in love in. only now she was in a city. she was getting coffee. she barely slept now.

it was late, about ten or so at night.

''hi welcome!'' a cheerful voice chirped from behind the counter. Carmilla didn't look up. she took out her credit card and handed it to the barista.''just a small cappuccino'' she muttered.

a few moments later, she was at the pickup line. her eyes scanned the shop. it was a small place..cozy.

''Carmilla?'' her na,e was called, she looked at the barista for the first time. chocolate brown eyes met hers and almost instantly Carmilla knew who they belonged to.

Laura. no, not Laura. it was a different body, but inside was the same woman she had fallen for all those years ago. the barista felt a sudden connection to the stanger. she was familiar. somehow she couldn't take her eyes off the girl.

''i-sorry'' she sputtered, blushing and handing the girl her coffee. ''i just-you look familiar. have we met?'' in another life cutie. Carmilla almost said but didn't.

''i don't think so, i'd deffinitely remember a pretty face like that. what's your name cutie?''

''Emily, my name is Emily'' the barista blushed even more and yeah, that was Laura in there.

''i'm Carmilla. can i take you out sometime?''

''yeah! totally sure. that would be...cool you're uh, really pretty''

''you're not so bad yourself cupcake''

that name was so familiar...

something behind those doe-eyes clicked and a wide smile spread across Emily's cheecks. ''Carmilla...''

the vampire smirked. ''it's been a while cupcake''