❄ UNLOCK YOUR HIGHEST POTENTIAL | SILVER ❄

Reviewer: PeterPan2210
Reviewee: prettykiii_
Story reviewed: Unlock your highest potential.
                               _ _ _
                   Overall comments
As a college science major, I love how well researched and scientific most of your points were.

As a literature enthusiast, a frequent thesis writer and an avid reader, I hated how you’ve structured the entire book. Although, what’s commendable is the fact that even though I personally hate self-help books, I liked this one.
                               _ _ _

Cover:
10/10
It’s beautiful.

Title:
10/10
It’s accurate and really, you can’t be very vague when it comes to self help books. For example Rhonda Byrne's The Secret and Robin Sharma's The monk who sold his Ferrari, rich dad-poor dad etc etc. Of course the concepts highlighted in this book are quite different than yours but they just serve to prove that an easy, revealing title is the best for self-help books.

Description
10/10
It’s great.

Basic plot:
10/10
There’s never a plot to a self help book tbh. But nevertheless, I liked the general flow of ideas.

Content:
7/10
It was good. The scientific method, the method of execution of select ideas, the justifications. But what I want you to do is, anticipate what people might disagree with in the book.

For example, you've said that when a bad thing happens to someone, they try to twist it around in their head to make it fit their own system of beliefs and ideas about themselves or about a particular situation. But I disagree with that.

What I want you to do is anticipate the areas the people might disagree with and present a counter-argument to their ideas by starting with, “Of course, some of you might disagree [Insert a convincing argument]”

What this does is make it seem like you understand the reader and are ready to discuss instead of just stating your own thoughts and analyzing their situations without considering their situations. Say if you write, “Hating someone only makes you hate yourself” and if I’m in a situation where I’ve let go of a person's hate towards me for so long that now I just can’t help but hate them, then I’ll be offended with what you’re saying.

Hope you understand what I’m trying to say.

Another thing I hated that at some places, you’ve used so many fancy formal words that my brain just kinda went into overdrive and lost track of the idea you’re trying to convey. Try not to litter your prose with fancy formalism. Sprinkle a dash of it and no more. Cool? Get me? Okay.

Pace + Sequence:
10/10
There’s nothing one can possibly say for pace and Sequence of a self help book. So yes, I’m judging this based on intra-chapter pacing, which was good. As I said, good presentation and execution of ideas.

Grammar + Punctuation + Tense:
8.5/10
Only a few, nothing much.

Structuring/Tone + Voice
8/10
Too formal a voice. Don’t overdo the formal. Lacks anticipation of the Reader’s state of mind and disagreements. That’s necessary in a self help book.

Also your paragraphs are not properly separated. Make your paragraphs shorter. Longer paragraphs are too much to take in.

Originality:
10/10
Definitely original.

Reader enjoyment
7/10
Only because I don’t quite like self-help books because I disagree with the concept of them. Self help books are not for everyone because not everyone can be helped the same way. Like for example a student, a senior, criticized me for listening to music while solving math. But really, it works like a miracle for me. So her criticism isn’t valid for me at all. I’m my own person. As it is, self help books are based on behavioral sciences and study of human tendencies and reactions, which I think is pseudoscience and don’t quite believe in.

Overall score:
90.5/100

Good Job!
Thank you for choosing me.
Please rate this review on a scale of five and suggest improvements, if any.