Chapter two

Sirius Black

I was setting the table when the front doorbell rang. Everything was ready, but I didn't open the door until I heard Allison closing her bedroom door.

I left the dining room to approach the front door. I opened it with a big smile on my face, and when I did, Remus didn't hesitate for a second and threw himself at me, pulling me into a big and not very innocent hug.

一Oh, my friend, it's been a long time. 一He said in almost a whisper into my shoulder.

I pulled away from the hug, but my hands were still on his shoulders.

一It's so good to see you, Remus. 一I added with a smile.

一The drool, the drool, the drool! 一Tonks joked.

一Oh, don't worry Tonks, he's yours. 一I laughed. 一I'd only appreciate it if you'd let me borrow it for a few days. 一I whispered, looking Remus up and down playfully, earning a nudge from him.

I guffawed and then turned away from Remus, walking over to Tonks and giving her a kiss on the cheek in greeting.

一Welcome everyone. 一I said, looking at everyone.

Arthur and Molly smiled at me along with all their children. Then I noticed Harry's presence, and watched as he came out from between the twins.

一Sirius! 一He exclaimed, coming towards me quickly as his gaze met mine.

I stepped forward to meet him, opening my arms to him, and waiting for his hug. He didn't hesitate to accept the hug. I began to stroke his head from behind, moving my hand down to the back of his neck and back up again.

Seconds later, I pulled away from him, and before I moved completely away from him to make way for everyone else, I patted him on the back as I smiled at him.

When I separated from him, I moved to the side of the door, so that everyone could enter the house, and after they had done so, I closed the door, but not without first looking around the house to make sure that there were no intruders looking at anything.

As we entered, the reaction of my mother's portrait, Walburga Black, to seeing us was truly unpleasant.

一Pigs! Scoundrels! By-products of filth and filth! Halfbloods! Mudbloods! Mutants! Monsters! Get out of this house! How dare you pollute my parents' house? 一She cried in her shrill voice, and everyone covered their ears.

一Oh, shut up, you old hag, shut up! 一I replied angrily.

一You! You traitor, you spawn, you shame of my blood! 一She went on.

Where was she going with all this? Did she really think I'd throw my guests out for " polluting" her parents' house? Come on.

Finally, the woman in the painting went back to sleep. I sighed, looking away from her to look at everyone else.

一Don't listen to her. She's mad, come in. 一I said carefully to everyone. I watched as Hermione lowered her gaze in shame.

一Hermione, forget what she said, blood status shouldn't classify anyone. Whoever thinks that way is sick. 一I said. I didn't want anyone to feel bad.

・・・

The boys went straight into the dining room, sitting down in their places.

一This smells really good! 一Said one of the twins, I couldn't recognise which one it was until the other spoke.

一Doesn't it, Fred? 一Replied the other. 一I dare you not to put three loaves of bread in your mouth at once.

一Are you daring me, Georgie? 一The other one raised an eyebrow and smiled mischievously at him.