Chapter 7

It was 3:30 when I got home. I decided I would walk to gather my thoughts. Today was a crazy and I wasn't sure I wanted to talk to my family about it.

Knowing Layla and my mom, they would want all of the details. My dad wouldn't be home and he wouldn't probably be too busy to care. Will would ask questions just because Mom made him.

What am I going to tell them? I can't just say "Oh ya, I made an enemy and 2 friends" That would be embarrassing.

Layla would have this grand story about how she immediately clicked with absolutely everyone. Will would have an equally grand story about how he can call himself "The Cool Guy". And here I am, Grace Tacker the girl who almost made more enemies than friends.

Luckily when I got home, no one was there. I began to make some dinner for when my family did arrive. I put on my favorite music playlist when my phone rang. Colt Hanson it read. Why not? We were friends right? I picked up the phone and I then realized it definitely wasn't Colt on the other end of the line.

"Hello, Grace." Stella. Why the heck did she have Colt's phone?!?!

"Oh, um, hi. I was expecting Colt." I was starting to feel nervous.

"Of course you were. Did you think about what I said? On staying away from Colt?"

"Sorta..." So this is what it was about. Me staying away from Colt? What was her deal? "I don't see the big deal about me and Colt,"
Don't provoke her!

"Well, you see, me and Colt are kind of a thing and I don't need or want some new girl to come and ruin it."

I was completely and utterly shocked. I didn't know what to say. She could obviously hear the fear and shock in voice. I heard a little laugh and she finally hung up.

I was scared like crazy. I decided to call Jessica to see what the heck Stella's problem could be.
"Hi Jessica!"

"Oh, hey Grace! What's up?"

"Oh nothing really. Making dinner, threatening calls, the usual."

"Threatening? I thought we were friends!"

"Haha. No not you. So I guess me and that Colt guy are friends and Stella not sure what her last name is is kinda mad at me. Got a clue?"

"Stella? Stella Kings is jealous of of you? Grace! You're like a break through in LA High!"

"So now I'm popular for having an enemy? Wow LA is weird."

"No. Grace. You don't understand. Stella Kings is the queen of all queen bees. It's kind of hard to get under her skin."

"That still doesn't solve why she thinks of me as a threat."

"You're taking her boyfriend in her mind. She calls it dating. He calls it annoying. You pose a threat in her perfectly perfect life."

"So how do I stop it? I don't want to have to not be friends with Colt."

"Then don't be! Get under her skin, get her mad, this is going to be perfect!"

"Jessica, you have a weird way of dealing with things."

"I know. I gotta do homework. See ya tomorrow?"

"Yeah. See ya."