Chapter 3

Later that night, everyone is sitting at the table eating dinner. Your two grandmothers insisted on sitting next to Bucky. So he's sandwiched in between them. While you're sandwiched in between your mother and younger sister. Both of them are talking to each other and ignoring you. You try to tune them out, but they're both super loud. You got your fathers quietness.

"Oh y/n! I just remembered!" Your sister says. "I need you to go into town with me tomorrow," she says.

"Why Leanna?" You ask. She looks at you confused. "I just wanna go shopping with you," she says.

"Shopping? Can I go?" Her daughter asks.

"Oh I'm sorry sweetheart, but I think it's just gonna be me and auntie y/n," she says.

"Can I come?" Your older brother asks. The whole table falls silent.

"Why would you want to go?" Your grandpa asks.

"To... hang out with my sisters," your brother says and looks down.

"No, you can come fishing with us. You like fishing Bucky?" The same grandpa asks.

"Uh yes I do," Bucky says.

"I don't want to go fishing," your brother says.

"Why the hell not? You love fishing," your other grandpa says. "And when are you gonna get a girlfriend. You're the oldest and the only single one. Leanna is married, with kids. And y/n is close to both things." You and Bucky both choke on your drinks.

"Please find a girlfriend soon," your mother says.

"You can come shopping with us if you want, David." You quietly say to your brother. He smiles softly at you.

Later that night, everyone is out by the fire. There weren't enough chairs, so Bucky volunteered you to sit on his lap. You keep reminding yourself that you're not actually dating him, while Bucky has to remind himself not to get a boner.

He's even thinking about things that don't turn him on. Chairs, the color yellow, redwing, Sam, ice cream. Anything besides you.

Everyone's laughing and telling stories. You shift in Bucky lap so your head rests against his. Across the fire, you spy your dad glaring at you and Bucky a few times. You'll usually glare back at him.

Your heart beats fast when Bucky rubs your thigh. What bothers you even more, is that you don't know if it was an accident or not. "You guys are adorable," your Aunt Marco says.

"Thank you," Bucky says as he kisses your cheek and you blush. He's not actually my boyfriend. He's only pretending.

After about and hour, you ended up falling asleep in Bucky's arms. Half of your family weren't tired and could stay awake for the rest of the night. Whereas the other half, went to bed.

Slowly, Bucky stood up and carried you inside the house. When he opened the door, your niece ran up to him. Chocolate smeared over her face and fingers sticky from pulling apart marshmallows. "Bucky!" She excitedly says.

"Shhhh," Bucky says. "Your aunt y/n is sleeping. We don't wanna wake her up," he whispers. Your niece smacks her hand over her mouth and shakes her head no.

Bucky smiles sweetly at her. "Goodnight," he whispers. "Goodnight," she loudly whispers back.

Bucky lays you down on the bed before climbing in next to you. You roll on your side and lay your head on his chest. Bucky stops moving as you lay on him. His heart starts to beat fast and he takes deep breathes to slow it down as he thinks about breaking redwing.

Finally, after being awake and fantasizing about breaking redwing, he's able to fall asleep.