Moving Day

The next morning I woke up to the sound of a woman laughing in my kitchen, and for a split second I forgot about everything that had happened in the last year and thought the woman's laughter was my mom's. Of course another second later my world came crashing back down to reality when I heard my dad call the laughing woman Marissa. I sighed to myself and rolled over and my mind wondering to Jonathan.

“Today is the day.” I thought to myself.

I smiled and got out of bed. I opened my closet trying to find the right thing to wear. I hadn't seen Jonathan in a little over three months and I wanted to look nice. I stood in front of my mirror naked going over inch of my now 14 year old body. I criticized every thing I thought was wrong with my body. My stomach is not flat enough, and my ass is to flat. The only thing I had going for me were my breast that were growing at a very surprising rate. I pulled my long red curly hair back into a ponytail, and decided to wear a comfortable but pretty dress. A moving dress if you will. I put a bit of my mom's mascara on. My dad doesn't allow me to wear makeup, but hopefully he wouldn't notice today.

“Hi Scarlett!” Marissa said as I walked into the kitchen.

“Goodmoring.” I smiled as Marissa walked over to hug me.

I didn't hate Marissa like you would expect, I actually kind of liked her. She was a very good cook, she always made really corny jokes, she made my dad happy, and she brought Jonathan into my life.

“Are you hungry? I could make you something really fast.” She said still hugging me.

“No thank you though. Um, where is my dad?” I asked finally free of the hug.

“Oh he is outside with Jonathan, helping the moving truck unload.”

My insides felt like they were going to burst at the thought of Jonathan being outside my.. our house.

I walked outside trying not to keep my eyes from squinting because of the sun, I didn't want to ruin the little bit of mascara that I had on.

“Goodmorning Sunshine!” My dad yelled as he noticed me across the yard.

“Morning dad.” I mumbled trying to seem cool in front of Jonathan.

“We could use some help over here.”

I walked over to the moving truck realizing I have yet to see Jonathan. My dad handed me a box which to his defense he probably thought I could carry, but I dropped it as soon as he put it in my hands. Everything in the box spilled all over the drive way, and when I realized what it was I wanted to die.