Chapter 1: The Demon

*This is an idea I've had brewing in my mind, the inspiration I had for the beginning of this book I got from a book called Friends from below By shorty_nerd. It will seem similar to that book at first simply because I like the way it introduces Charlie to earth, I read it and was disappointed it only had two chapters so I decided to make my own version of the book. Of course, I will continue on independently afterward like I usually do. This here is me just simply giving credit where credit is due.*

On a dark night deep in the Colorado woods, a vehicle drove through the darkness its high beams shining brightly into the night. 

The driver, a young man named (Y/n) (L/n) hummed along to the tune on the radio absentmindedly as he made his way home from work.

(Y/n) lived out deep in the Colorado woods, leaving him surrounded by the peaceful serenity of nature and not much else.

Which proved to be a pain when it came to finding a job.

But he prevailed and somehow found himself becoming a Deputy for the local Sheriff's office.

Nevertheless, it proved fruitful in the end, a stable job, a nice house, and no one else to bother him.

The only problem that remained was the fact that his home rested on 'cursed land' supposedly. The denizens of the town had told home why no one ventured out to the vast woods. Satanic rituals and apparently cult sacrifices had taken place on the very land he owned.

A foreboding thing to hear about the very land you owned isn't it?

(Y/n) gave it little thought as he continued to drive home, the legends surrounding his property seemed like bullshit to him for the most part, he had taken many strolls through the woods surrounding his property, and never had he seen anything demonic or cultist like.

(Y/n) pulled to a stop outside his house and put his vehicle in park then killed the engine. The off-duty deputy stepped out from his vehicle into the cold winter air. (Y/n) blew a breath of air from his mouth and watched it puff away like smoke, he was thankful he decided to wear a coat to work he had forgotten how cold the winter nights got.

As (Y/n) made his way inside his home shutting the door behind him and quickly making his way to the fireplace, he quickly tossed in wood for the fire he started and began to warm himself impatiently, he was too cold to wait for his whole damn house to warm up.

After he had warmed himself, (Y/n) walked to the backdoor to his house and opened it. (Y/n) stepping out to have a quick smoke before he turned in for the night.

A placed the cigarette to his lips and lit the cancer stick and took a drag before blowing it out into the starry night.

That's when he heard it.

He had not noticed it before but the woods were unusually silent tonight, no yowling coyotes or damned bears rummaging through his trash or crickets in the night.

Just ear-deafening silence.

Until it wasn't.

Footsteps crunched in the woods just out of his vision drawing his attention away from his cigarette and to the deep and dark woods in front of him.

(Y/n) was no idiot, he knew there were black bears out here he had even seen a few grizzlies here and there the fat bastards. Which was why he took his pistol outside with him.

But whatever was out there definitely was not a bear.

(Y/n) tossed his cigarette as he scanned the woods for movement weary and slightly nervous.