𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦

5000 BC, MESOPOTAMIA, EARTH

    A wise woman once said, if you didn't fall on your ass trying to save the universe then did you really try?

    The saying resonated with Alekto more than she liked to admit as she rolled off her back, reaching to grab something that could pull her up.

    That's when she saw them.

    A woman, slender in the face and large doe eyes, stared down at her curiously. She had almost missed the age lines ingrained in her copper skin by the way her silver hair was strewn across her forehead, stuck with sweat from hard labour.

    The elderly woman dipped the tips of her fingers inside a bronze bucket and splashed the cool liquid at Alekto.

    She wasn't expecting that.

    Coughing, she flinched away from the woman, sending her a look of bewilderment. Her eyebrows drew together causing the dried dirt on her face to crack uncomfortably in her skin.

    "What the bloody hell was that for?" She gasped, eyes wide and somewhat frightened.

    The woman, who she did not recognise, recoiled from Alekto's voice — a disdainful scowl forming on her lips.

    "Edakua-gu!"

    Alekto jumped at the volume of the elderly woman. She wasn't expecting so much gusto and passion to have escaped her. Blinking, she scrambled into an upright position, her hands being poked and prodded by a smooth yet wet surface. Like jagged rocks on the ocean bed penetrating her hands.

    The woman continued her verbal assault in a language foreign to Alekto but she took the hint with fear.

    She stood, barefoot, with her feet splashing in dirt and... blood?

    Alekto pressed her palms into the crevice of her eyes, rubbing away its tiredness and readjusting her sights. The blood remained, soaking in the dry dirt.

    She yelped, jumping back seeing the skeletons of an array of fish that had tipped out of a wooden bowl filled with fish meat and scales.

    "S-sorry, I'm sorry," she stammered, pressing her hands together as she begged for forgiveness.

    She had never experienced this before — having her memories on a new planet with a new mission.