SIXTEEN

Whom did you ignore me for?" Cristina asks as I hang up the phone.

"It was my brother and I didn't ignore you."

"You have a brother? You never told me about him."

She says and that is when I realise she knows nothing about me, I never told her actually. Not like it's a super secret or something but just that I never felt like talking about myself to her, it was her talking about herself every time.

She never told me anything deep about herself but she talked a lot of stuff about her college and school life and her family.
She has asked me to meet her family several times but I sort of avoided it because day by day I am getting to know I do not want to spend  any time with her now. I know that is just rude like super rude but she does not make me feel right or comfortable anyways. I just hope I never came looking for a voice, i was really stupid to just go all crazy for looking for stupid voice its just I went nuts after that voice, but when i finally came to meet her I realized I shouldn’t have.

I found her interesting in the beginning and irritating by now. I hold my head because its aching now, the more I think about it the more it aches so I just drop the idea of thinking about her and try focusing on my interviews and exams so that I can get rid of all this mess i invited by myself.

“Nic?” she calls again disturbing my thinking process all over again like everyday and every time I am with her.

“Why is it so necessary for you to stick around with me everytime and even if you do why can’t you just maintain a distance and not disturb me.”

I burst out in anger, inside my head of course because  I know the pain it could cause her so I chose to speak it in my head so that she does not hear me and nod at her instead to which she continues.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay here?" Cristina says looking upset about the news.

I do not know why was she being reacting on all of this I mean it has been just one week together, I thought it was going to be different with her after I heard her but things turned upside down and I do not feel any different about her, she is as girly and normal as any other girl. Apart from her beauty there is no spark in her, not the spark that could help me just get lost in it.

 I know I might be insulting her but that's not on her face and even if it was I am not lying, I am not saying anything inappropriate but just the facts that she failed to made me feel the way her voice did and after spending time with her for the past week and I tend to forget the voice, it is like the blurred memory of that day, her voice has stopped echoing in my ears.

It stayed there in my mind for one complete month but then disappeared in this one week I have spent with Cristina. Though I dislike this, I do not like the fact how things are going like this, I do not like the fact that I have lost the voice of hers in my mind, I hate to admit but I want to get away from this as soon as possible.
Gosh! Period.

“Where are you going? Los Angeles?” she asks and I am about to correct her but then she speaks to herself.
“Or maybe just shifting to Leeds again? Because I heard you say something with ‘L’ unless it was the name of your university.  I mean the university you are applying for.”

“Actually I am....” I am not able to complete my sentence and she speaks again.

“ Oh and and and! What courses are you going to take? I mean are you a science students or you are going to pursue your interest in political science like here. But if its politics then why not here itself? With me?” She says with those puppy eyes and try to hypnotise me.

“Cristina.” I call out and that’s when she stps her never ending assumptions

“Oops sorry. You speak. And dont forget to tell me about your brother.” I hold my head and just rub my index finger on my head.

“ Yeah so I will tell you about my brother, he is younger than me and his name is....” before I could continue her phone rings and I am interrupted again.

I have no issues telling her about myself, except for the things I tend to ignore about my life but then she keeps interrupting. She excuse herself for a while and I just talk to my car, if she sees me will follow me and if she does not good for me.

Does not  happen good to me because she saw me and started following before I could even walk the mere two hundred metre distance and just stick to me again.

“Sorry my phone  interrupted us. But I will listen to you later but could you please drop me to my home? I mean if you’re okay because I need to get there urgently and we will meet at 5 okay?” I nod and open the door for her to take a seat next to driver seat, which is me of course.

I drive as she directs, for the first  time she stayed quiet without uttering a word except for directing me which concerns me of course so I ask her.

“ You Okay?” She nods with a hard smile on her face and i know something is disturbing her.

“ You can share.” I assure but she ignores me and start directing me again.

“Your car has bluetooth?” she asks and I look at her in disbelief, I mean which rover wouldn't have one? But since she seemed to be upset I only reply with a nod a she connects her phone and plays.

‘ITS YOU.’ My favourite by Ali Gate.

We enjoy the rhythm and she smiles at me , a suspicious smile I could say but I ignore it listening to the music and as she says this is the final turn, I recognize it.

At first I thought I was wrong in recognizing this place but then after looking at this lane closely I concede that it's the same lane.

The same lane she stays in.

She who..
Ummmm