03

•The Witchling•

....•The Witchling•....

"Did my mother ask you to protect me"Percy asked as he looked at the boy who's face was filled with guilt "no,that's my job i am a keeper well at least i was"He said once again looking down "but why......."Percy started speaking but suddenly felt dizzy his vision started to become spotty "don't strain yourself"Grover said passing him a glass "here" he helped Percy hold it up to his lips 

Percy was expecting the taste of apple juice but he was pleasantly surprised with the taste of chocolate chip cookies but not your average chocolate chip cookie no these were his moms home made blue cookies,buttery hot and the chips melting perfectly in the middle.

Percy didn't hesitate and drunk the whole glass his body felt warm ad he was filled with energy but that didn't get rid of the felling of grieve eating away at him  but he felt as if his mother was present in the room to comfort him as if she was next to him brushing her hand against his cheek like he used to do when he was every young and telling him that everything was going to be okay 

 "was it good" Grover asked the boy "im sorry i should of let you have some"Percy said looking slightly guilty grocers eyes grew "No! That's not what i meant......... i was just wondering" he said looking at percy "chocolate chip cookies"Percy said smiling at the memories "the ones my mom made"

Grover sighed in relief "and how do you feel"

"like i could throw Nancy Bobofit a hundred yards" Percy said smirking Grover took the glass and placed it back on the table "come on Chiron and Mr D are waiting for you" 

•______________•

The porch rapped its way around the farmhouse.His legs felt weak as  he made his way after Grover,Grover had offered to carry the Minotaur's horns but Percy refused,he paid for this souvenir  and he wasn't planning on letting this go,as the two boys came around the opposite end off the house Percy felt as if he had lost his breath.

they were on the north shore of long island .the landscape was sprinkled in buildings that looked like ancient Greek architecture  ; an open air pavilion,an amphitheater,a circular arena except it looked new .He saw kids playing volleyball in a nearby sand pit,canoes gliding through the lake and some younger children wearing  a bright orange t-shirt just like Grover's.

He also saw some kids shooting at an archery range and other house riding.Percy swore that some of them even had wings he rubbed his eyes and pinched himself to make sure he wasn't dreaming .

Down at the end of the porch two men sat across from one another with a small cards table in between the male who was facing Percy was small yet porky he had red nose big watery eyes and dark curly hair that looked like a shade of purple in the sunlight,he reminded Percy of one of those baby angel paintings - cherubs. The man was wearing a Hawaiian style shirt Percy thought he would fit in at one of Gabe's poker party's.