Chapter Five

"Hey Hunt, where am I needed?" Meredith said breathlessly.

"I thought I told them to cancel the page? Anyway it was a false alarm, DOA," he said, signing off on one of the charts he had.

"Alright," Meredith sighed, leaving them to be, going to the nurses station where Webber and April where standing.

"Is there anything interesting today?" Meredith sighed, looking at April then to Richard.

"I have an endoscopy in thirty," Richard spoke up, sounding unenthused.

"I have a ten-year-old who broke his wrist roller blading," April sighed, looking at the chart in her hands. Meredith let her eyes roll a bit as she watched Bailey approach the nurses station, having a heated discussion with Ben about their wedding.

"This discussion is over. Well, I love you too," she sighed before turning her head, "Red panties and a lace bra," she tried to say under her breath.

Meredith looked at April who almost burst into laughter at Richards reaction to the words coming out of her mouth.

"He wants to have a Christmas wedding, in a rustic mountain lodge with red ribbons and mistletoe and a tree with ornaments made out of our photos," she scoffed at the last part.

"Aw, that sounds beautiful!" April exclaimed.

"I think it's a little much," Meredith agreed with Miranda, she was never a fan of big weddings which was the reason her and Derek did the post-it.

"I think it sounds great," Richard said defensively.

"Well I think it's ridiculous. What kind of well-respected man cares this much about a wedding anyhow," she scowled, opening the chart she had sat down as she walked over.

"I did," Richard sounded offended.

"I already had the big wedding, the poofy dress and the ceremony. I'm not going to make all those people sit through another ceremony because what, I'll mean it this time?" Miranda scoffed, closing the chart and placing it with the other post-op charts.

"I remember, I was there with Adele," he said fondly.

April began talking about the type of wedding she wanted to have, with butterflies and fields of flowers.

"I almost had the church wedding, then the Izzie thing happened so we decided to just find another time to get married," Meredith remembered the wedding dresses she tried on, the church they were in, the look on her best friend's face when he saw Izzie walk down the isle.

"Well he put a deposit down on this mountain lodge but he has until the twelfth to get his deposit back and he better to do, that is two days," she rolled her eyes as she took another chart and walked off.

"A man that puts a deposit down is a man who means business!" Richard called after her, she just shook her head and kept walking.

"Wait, today is the tenth?" both Meredith and April said, a nurse then confirmed the date.

"Shit," Meredith muttered, looking over to where April was previously but has now vanished. Meredith furrowed her eyebrows, going to the medical supply closet. She searched through but heard some breathing heavily.

"Hello?" Meredith said and was taken by surprise when she saw what was going on in the back corner of the room. She turned her head, quickly to make sure she didn't see anything.

"Oh my god Mer, we're sorry!" Lexie said, frantically trying to put her scrub top back on her body.

"There are on-call rooms for that!" she quickly grabbed what she was looking for off the shelf, making sure neither of them saw what she grabbed.