Chapter 2: anotha one

"Federation? This is fuckin' great." Jas said climbing up the ladder to his bed. "It's not all bad man, extra SAMs equals extra pay." He said grabbing his phone off the dresser.
"Listen man, if it worries you resign." He pointed out.

"Who's gonna replace me? Be honest, who? Who else precisely makes giant explosions? Nobody. I'm a bomb sniper." Jas joked

"Either way, you made that pact. You can't resign til' I resign." He concluded. "Damn, how could I forget. There should've been terms to that. The 'if we're about to die term' made that up on my own y'know." Jas laughed.

"Well maybe it'll go smooth. We just bomb HQ's. Hit a couple of convoys and we're out of dodge." He said.

The next morning he sat in the briefing room with his squadron, Assasin, Hitman, and Gunsel. Everyone stood as the briefing concluded.

"Deep strike? Sounds like a good book, don't fuck it up Beeps."Said Icetea, a sweet gal from Gunsel. Who constantly annoyed him with the shortening of his callsign.

"When have I ever fucked up an op? Never. Not even once." He said walking out the briefing room toward his aircraft.

Getting in the cockpit he concluded preflight checks and taxied to the runway. "What am I using today?" Jas asked "You didn't look? Well, GBU-12's, 2 AMRAAMS, 2 AIM-9's and our gun." He said putting on the afterburner and rising in the air as he got to the runway.

"Laser guided? Like, point and shoot? It's my lucky day and the Federation's bad day." Jas said leaning back in his seat. "What are you gonna do? Take on the whole damn Federation?" He said approaching cruising altitude with the other aircraft.

"When the hell do we break off, I wanna do some cool behind enemy lines shit." Jas questioned. "I'm not pulling you out of this damn aircraft when we get shot down." He said

"Come on Beeper, you aren't letting us get shot down. You didn't bring your emergency handgun." Jas commented.

"Nonsense, I had it rig-" he looked down and shook his head. "Fuck, left it at base. You brought yours though, right?" He asked. "I was supposed to?" Jas questioned.

"Stalker, cleared to break away." Galaxy reported. "Good luck Galaxy, and let's hope you brought a parachute?" Captain laughed. The squadron broke away and began their flight toward the possible command and control center spotted near where the other squadrons were operating.

"Approaching target area, one bomb and we're gone, my warning's are goin' wild." Captain stated. "Beeper, it's how you got your callsign all over again man!" Jas joked from behind him.

"I've got a lock on what looks to be a building with a shit ton of defenses around it. Let's hope it isn't a town hall filled with civvies?" Jas revealed.

"That's our building, didn't you listen during the briefing?" He asked. "Fuck no. Anyway, we're dead on the money. Pickle!" Jas exclaimed.

He turned away as a SAM fired a missile on him "SAM launch! Dumping chaff!" He yelled while dumping chaff and turning aggressively. "Left turn, keep up Jas!" He yelled while pulling 9 G's to the left.

"It overshot us! Damn, maneuver right!" Jas advised. He turned to the right aggressively nearly passing out. "Going behind some hills, I'm tired of dodging these bastards!" He yelled.

Once behind the hill the SAMS lost their lock and he finally felt like he could breathe. "Fan-fucking-tastic flying, definitely on the list of top flying shit i've  seen." Jas said in between breaths.

"At least we made it, in one piece." He said looking outside at the aircraft for any damage. "I saw 23mm's out there, might be gun damage. Check with Fixer see if he's gotta do some mechanical shit." Jas said relaxing himself.