seven

I probably regretted handing the remote to Nathan, considering I had just watched the goriest movie I'd ever seen. My eyes were wide once the move finished, the room silent before I glanced over to where Nathan was grinning.

"Cool huh?" He asked me, my jaw slackening. I liked zombies eating faces off but Jesus Christ.

"Nathan," I started, an easy going smile over taking his pretty face. "You've lost movie privileges."

"What? Not fair!" I shook my head, taking the remote from him as I pushed him with my foot.

"Yes fair! I like zombies and watching people get their faces eaten but Jesus!"

"That one was pretty bad Nate, even for you." Kota agreed from the other side of him, a murmur of agreement coming from below and above us.

"What would you like to watch next Miss Rose." I grumbled at Owens voice, back to this miss crap.

I turned in my seat, giving him my best glare as he stared at me with a blank expression. I'm sure he knew what I was griping at him about in my head, but I doubted he really cared.

"I will break you of this, Owen." The corner of his lip quirked up in the slightest bit of a smile, and fuck if it wasn't beautiful.

"Stupid pretty boys with baseball bats up their asses." I muttered as I selected Coraline, a grin on my face as I heard Gabriel groan.

"This creepy ass movie?" I scoffed, leaning forward to look below at him.

"This is not creepy! You're creepy!" His mouth dropped open, Luke's boisterous laugh filling the room as I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Did she, she just–"

"Butthole."

"Ah!" I jumped from my seat when he jumped from his, my fuzzy sock clad feet not really helping with the marble floor. I slipped and fell on my knees, scrambling back up when I began to hear North shouting like normal.

The smell of sugar reached me, but almost like that fancy caramelized sugar they put on top of creme brûlée. I giggled as I felt my body swing, Luke's arms wrapped around as he shifted my momentum and Gabriel ran face first into the kitchen wall.

"Lucian!" I laughed louder than I ever meant to, my sore body completely forgotten as both Luke and I took off from North and Gabriel's wrath. I could hear Gabriel complaining about his face, and Sean just telling him he was fine.

"It'll take more than some drywall to screw up your face Gabe." I couldn't help my grin as I pushed Nathan in front of me, using my toe to poke him in his butt.

"Hey!"

"Save me from them and you'll be able to save me if the zombies show up." He grinned as he spun, baring his teeth in a fake growl at Gabriel before he took off after him.

"Gentlemen, and lady, maybe we shouldn't be rough housing in Miss Rose's house?" I rolled my eyes at Owen as I hoisted myself up onto the kitchen island, sticking my tongue out at him. A gleam enter his silver eyes before it was gone almost immediately, a huff escaping him.

"Or before you three end up breaking something." North grumbled against the wall, his arms crossed. Silas shook his head, flicking him in the ear causing him to growl.

"Elafróse aderfé, mas kánei kaló." I watched North stiffen before he shook off Silas's hand on his shoulder, a look crossing his face as I ignored them.

"It's getting late, and we still have school tomorrow." Kota spoke up, my thumb reaching up to run across my lip as I glanced over all of them.

"Well, I have plenty of rooms here if you'd like to stay here?" It sounded vulnerable to even me, and I actually hated that. I wasn't vulnerable, I was strong out of necessity.