ch 3

I arrived at the restaurant 10 minutes after the call .I walk quickly in the direction of my office paying no mind to my employees' greetings .

After entering my office am not surprised to find Deby already in sitting comfortably in my office chair .

" oh your finally here .what took your so long.? " she said intentionally exaggerating the long.

"Come one D its only been 12 minutes" I said looking at my phone. "As accurate as ever " she said dramatically ." and D if you haven't forgotten your apartment is only a 2 minute walk from here yet my home is a ten minute drive away."

" Okay okay let's get to the point . sit " she order signaling with her hands for me to sit. It funny how she's sitting on my office chair, and me sitting on the couch in my office .

" it would've been better if u came this side " I reasoned .she  unwillingly sat up from my chair pouting her lips .

" can't your parents quit arranging your marriage ? " she said as tired of this as I am " you're a grown woman you've worked hard to get your business to this level. What if your husband doesn't approve of a working woman ." she said increasing my worries

"I won't let anything come between my business .I worked for it alone ,My bakery is almost at the top and my restaurant is already the best with Asian food."

" come on ! Your restaurant is the best in every thing " she said coming back to her jolly self." And did you forget the gym?"

" That . l bought it to pass time . And because I thought I had already bought enough cars .most importantly its an investment "

" okay I think we've gone off topic " she reminded " so can't you just reject it you've made enough sacrifices " she said with pleading eyes .

" I know but guilt still eats me up even now , its in my dreams and no matter what I do I can't bring back their dead daughter " I still can't get over it .it was supposed to be me.

" but your lost your loved ones too your first adoptive parents who loved you a lot .you did nothing wrong by falling sick.

you did nothing wrong by falling sick

" she tried convincing .

" They are using your guilt to their advantage .They didn't even love her " I could feel the tears threatening to flow but I promised my self that I will not cry about it any more I am stronger than this ..

I abruptly stood up and approached the exit of my office ." where are u heading ?" She asked ." the gym " i replied .That's where I always go to avoid crying. Instead of showing weakness I make myself stronger.

I realise my employees especially
The males are giving me weird stares when I got out of my office.
That's she I realise am only in shorts and a crop top. Thank fully the shorts aren't too short but my thick thighs and worked out small waist are exposed.

But I just continue walking nevertheless .am too stressed to even care .I will just fire them later. 

***********
Thankx for reading remember to hit the little star and make your author the happiest . sofar I've written crap but I promise to improve .continue to give me your support .I am honoured.