phases

"Whoop! Yes!"
The double doors of the school building were pushed open as multiple students ran and jumped out.

They were more than excited to be done with school finally.

Slowly, the students began to cluster as they gathered with their friend groups,

"It's finally summer. What do all of you want to do first?"
The small group of boys gathered as they walked up the hill away from the school.

"Sleep." The group answered at once, laughing because they could finally sleep without worry for the next few months.

After bidding each other adieu, each boy separated and entered their respective houses a few feet from each other.

                              ~

"So what do all of you want to do first? For real this time."
The group laughed and became silent as they thought, "Store?" "park?"

Ben clapped as he gained their attention, "Okay, let's go to the store, then head to the park." everyone headed to the store close by.

However, Ken was stunned.

Then, chuckling, they grabbed the bags as they made their way out, heading toward the door.

They gathered with their friends who were waiting outside, and they all headed toward the park.

I walked beside ten as I munched on my gummy candy, not sure of what was what because I had opened all the wrappers and dumped all the candy into the bag itself, so now I'm just reaching in and grabbing anything and eating it.

Right now, we were walking. 10 was the one who was mostly leading the pack because I didn't have anything in mind to do for the day, or at this particular moment, we made it to the entrance and were walking through. I lagged as I focused on the food in my bag. I turned my head, and I was faced with beauty out of this world, So naturally, I walked over there,

"What's up?" I asked, smiling as I offered her some of my candy. She took it, muttering about how green apple was one of her favorites,

"What you on?" I said, trying to get to it. She shrugged as she accepted another piece of candy,

"I'm on you, so tell me what you on?" I asked more definitively. She pulled me closer by my belt loop, holding her finger in there,

"Me on you or you on me, what's it gonna be?" I fed her my last green apple gummy held between my teeth. As our lips brushed one another, I pulled away, grasping her hand with mine,

"I'm sorry, but I'm busy today. I don't have time to...talk." I slowed my speech as I realized I was no longer holding hands with her. She was nowhere around in the far distance. I could see her all-black figure departing.

                              ~

"You thought ya nigga was ya nigga, but he's not."

The laughter roared through the room so much that it was difficult to tell who made the off-hand remark.

She stood there and watched them all laugh at her expense.

As the laughter came to a halt, the query began, "Where'd she go?" again, someone spoke as the closest to the window checked to see if anyone was walking down the long stretch of the driveway when there wasn't another voice interjected, " check the kitchen— you cruel, man—- knives, nigga." The sound of drawers opening in the distance could be heard.

"Okay, that means that she's still in the house. Everybody fan out and look for her." Everyone began looking for her throughout the house.

That was last summer.