phases

"She's not on the schedule." The boys halted the movement before tying their aprons around their waists, preparing for the lunch rush to breeze through the bakery.

"It's only been a weekend. Give it time." a reassuring voice spoke as they single-filed to the front, all standing at different parts behind the counter.

                              ~

"Where is that lovely young lady?"
A middle-aged woman asked as her turn in line came up.

"She's not in today." He watched as the woman, physically pained, sighed and then resumed speaking, "But she knows my order. Well, I guess I'll try with you. Hopefully, she won't be gone long." the woman lamented but ordered her "usual" and waited at a booth as her order was prepared.

                           ~
The week had gone on the same way with the same customers and the same inquiries about her whereabouts, and it was now payday, and still, she was a no-show.

Payday was the end of a hectic week for the boys, but also it was payday and the scheduled day for the upcoming month. This is where the group would plan their schedules for the month ahead.

"Wow, can you believe it? Left. Just like that." The boys entered the quiet home, and they headed directly to the showers before taking any seat on any piece of furniture, opting to lean against things while removing their clothes and getting in the shower.

Once everyone was showered and changed, they convened in the living room, flashes of that day flashing in their minds, though none of them voiced it.