Start of the Christmas Holidays

Harry's POV

'Are you gonna be ok mate?' Ron asks, looking constipated at the thought of Harry spending his Christmas holidays alone.

'Yeah, I'll be fine, just go and enjoy your holidays!' Harry says joyfully, attempting to cover up how much he knew he was going to miss them.

'Oh, Harry, I'm sorry you can't come over to mine either!' Hermione frowns remorsefully.
'Hermione, it's fine!' He enforces, smiling at both of his best friends, with just a few too many teeth for it to be real.

The whistle blows and all three turn to look at the train. 

'We have to go!' Hermione says, 'Sorry Harry, see you after Christmas!'

He waves after them knowing this was going to be a lonely holiday and yes, he knows he should be used to them by now, but to be fair this is the first Christmas since he started Hogwarts that he'll have to spend alone. He shakes his head, clearing his thoughts, but almost instantly regrets it because they're now taken over by images of Cedric Diggory's dead body. He turns towards the castle and starts making his way up, not caring about the looks on peoples faces and the words they whisper behind cupped hands as he passes. Ranging from looks of disgust to ones of pity are directed towards him, the looks of disgust are from the ones whispering. He can't stand any one of them. He finally makes it back to Gryffindor tower and into his dormitory where it already feels too quiet. Ignoring the deafening silence as he suddenly feels a headache coming on out of no where, he groans quietly as he sits on his bed. He takes his glasses off and rubs his hand over his face before putting them on the bedside table deciding to take a nap to try and rid himself of the headache.

                                                                                                    *

When he wakes up, he inhales sharply due to the pain. His headache didn't go away like he had hoped it would. Instead it felt like mini explosions going off inside his head. He refused to open his eyes knowing the light, no matter how minimal it was, would only make it 1000 times worse. He knew he should probably go see Madam Pomfrey but he could barely sit up, let alone walk. He decided to just lie back down and will himself back to sleep, hoping this time it would go away.