Chapter One - Vast, Void, and Vengeance

AI gasped for air as he got out of the portal. He was breathing heavily as he crawled out. He was confused at what the just happened. It was night, he could tell by how the shadowed moon would glow through the window. But that's not what he was paying attention to.
He desperately pulled himself out of the portal, and pulled himself into a corner. He was breathing heavily. The process of going from one place to another in the portal was quite painful. Every single molecule was pulled from his very core only to be shoved back when he reached the new destination.

He thought back to Molten and Springtrap. Was Molten actually going to try and fight Springtrap? That was an absolute death wish! Molten had always been so afraid to die. To face consequences for his actions. What had changed? What caused him to lose any sort of will on life? Any last remaining grasp on right and wrong, good and evil?
AI didn't know. But that's not to say he didn't care. He hated Molten, a lot at that, but they had each others backs when it came down to it. I mean, they argued, they insulted each other, sometimes threw a few punches at each other, but still they had one common enemy, Springtrap, and that's what connected them in a way. Somedays Molten and him would talk while Springtrap was working. He knew that Molten was a bad guy, but he had some sort of good in him. And he couldn't help but feel a little pity. He remembered Ennard.
No, Ennard died the day the incident occurred.
Ennard died that day, and Molten was born.
As AI Afton he had a vast amount of memories that didn't belong to him, but the original Afton. So he knew deep down that maybe it wasn't worth it.
AI couldn't bare to be alone with his thoughts. Being stuck with Springtrap had really taken its toll on him. He could hardly believe he had survived. He pushed himself to his feet and hobbled through the doors of the pizzeria. He wave of relief hit him when he saw the pizzeria. He gazed around at the animatronics. But, now what? It was a big deal that he was back!
But he decided to be strategical about this. Molten had said something mildly threatening back at the base. But when doesn't he? More importantly though, clearly Molten had some bad intentions, and was...unhinged. So probably not a great idea to actually say about him helping him escape. Maybe it was so if he doesn't fight Springtrap that he doesn't hear it on the cameras? Or maybe he just wants to keep that fear factor over Bryan and the others? Perhaps he's planning something. AI didn't have all the answers and was trying to piece together events and motivations.

AI leaned against the stage and slid down to the ground. He looked up to the animatronics. He sighed. He had a long night ahead of him.

~

"Another day at Freddy Fazbears pizzeria! I wonder what my friends are up to today?" Bryan said the usual as he happily swiped his key card.
Rockstar Foxy ran over to him, nearly collapsing to, and grabbing his shoulders. He smiled wildly,
"AI's back!" He called happily.
"What? Really?!" Bryan replied with enthusiasm. He looked past Foxy to the starlight stage. Last he checked Springtrap was impersonating him, or something along those lines. He had been kidnapped or something like that. Bryan had been avoiding the topic for a while. But it was a great relief to see AI alive and well.
"AI!" Bryan called out and ran to the stage. There was a small crowd around AI. The crowd being the energetic Happy Frog, casual Lefty, who seemed a little down today, Rockstar Foxy, and Funtime Chica who was sitting oddly close to AI.
"Bryan!! Lookie!" Happy Frog called and happily did a show gesture to AI who waved in a friendly manner.
"Heya Bryan." He said.
He waved as good as he could with Funtime Chica hugging him, saying something about 'never letting him leave again.' Yeah, he was getting some Yandere vibes for Funtime Chica, but that didn't matter.
"I'm so glad your back! We were so worried!" Bryan described.
"I'm glad to be back." He replied.
"Aye! He was about to tell us what happened!" Foxy interrupted.
"Oh! Yes, yes, tell us!" Bryan said, excited to hear.
"It was the murder spaghertture, and trash rabbit, no?" Happy Frog questioned. Hesitantly, AI nodded.
"Hey...uh, speaking of, have any of you guys seen Molten lately? I haven't seen him and he's not answering my messages." Lefty said, his voice was mildly uncertain. AI's eyes darted all over the place, avoiding Lefty's gaze as he shook his head.
"Doesn't matter, it's better he's not here since we just got AI back!" Bryan stated.
"Aye, but if he does come back and try something, I'll punch his pathetic-titanium-self back into last week!" Rockstar Foxy said and punched his hand.
"Hey dude, watch it, that's my friend your talking about." Lefty said casually, not in a serious way.
"And what if it's Springtrap who shows up? What will you do then?" AI questioned, both jokingly and not jokingly. Foxy went silent.
"Doesn't matter who or what, they mess with the gang they get the fang." Foxy stated, making up a rather...awkward catchphrase.

"Foxy no..." Bryan muttered.
"Ugh! So uncultured." Funtime Chica complained.
"You've got good intent, but Foxy that was lame." Happy Frog added.
"Guys hush! AI, can you tell us what happened? Did you learn anything about Springtrap's plans?" Foxy shouted, changing the subject back to AI.

"R-Right." AI mumbled. Funtime Chica finally backed off and everyone prepared to listen.

"I spent most of my time in a cage, and Springtrap would try and find some way to swap with me, which he succeeded in at one point." AI explained.
"We noticed." Lefty commented.
"But anyways, I was able to escape to the portal without being caught. That's pretty much it. I didn't figure out much." AI explained.
"Anything about the plan?" Rockstar Foxy chimed in.
"Unfortunately, not much." He answered. Bryan sighed in disappointment.
"But I do have one warning." AI added. Bryan's head perked up at that.

"It isn't, and never has been safe for you here, Bryan."
AI said. Everyone was silent.
"I know," Bryan began.
"But that's a risk I'm willing to take if it means I get to be with you guys." Bryan said in a sickeningly sweet voice.
"Friendship is magic!" Lefty called while Happy Frog 'awwwwed' at his statement. AI smiled a genuine smile.

"Aye, AI, you need fixing? You ear is looking torn. Badly." Foxy said and gestured to his ear.
"What? Hehe, it's not that bad, is it?" AI replied casually.

Laughter.

"Hahahah!" Bryan laughed.

Laughter from both perspectives.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHHAH"
"HAHAHAHHAHAAHA"

"Well, you cant spell 'slaughter' without 'laughter"