18

(A/N: okay so i actually already finished writing this story and just need to post the chapters... So yeah. I think theres three more after this one. I'll probably update the whole thing/finish the story this week)

I woke up pressed against Luke's chest, his arms wrapped tightly around my body, and my arms around his. I shifted slightly to get into a more comfortable position. Our legs lay tangled together under the sheets. I was on fire, I swear it was a thousand degrees under those blankets, but it was worth it. The moment was timeless. I could stay in Luke's loving embrace for the rest of the day honestly.

I heard a sharp inhale come from Luke, and he opened his eyes into mine.

"Hey, babe," he leaned his forehead against my forehead. The amount of space between our lips was rapidly decreasing. They never touched. He was teasing me.

"Morning," I smiled back. I leaned closer to him, trying to make our lips meet, but Luke pulled his head away.

He buried his face in my neck, pressing his lips gently right beneath my ear. Then he pulled away from my neck to look me in the eyes.

"Sometimes I forget how hot you are," Luke bit his lip, and looked around my face. "Look at you, you're like a punk rock queen. You're like my punk rock queen."

I blushed and tried to hide my face underneath the blankets, but Luke pulled the blankets away.

"Why are you hiding? I just called you hot," Luke chuckled.

"I don't know," I breathed. "I don't always feel hot."

"You're beautiful Jaylene," He shook his head. "Why can't you see that?"

He leans in and kisses me softly, and smoothly.

"You guys are like an alarm clock," Ashton complained from his bunk. "Next time can you wake me up closer to ten? Thanks."

We pulled apart, and Luke gave Ashton the death stare.

"Oh I'm sorry Ashton. I'm sorry I have a girlfriend to wake up to," Luke spoke sarcastically.

"Hey, no need to be bitter," Ashton snapped back.

"Guys," I tried to break apart the little cat fight they had going on.

"It's not like management forced a girl to date me," Ash hopped out of his bunk, and made his way to the front of the bus, dismissing himself from the conversation.

Luke sat up so quick, he hit his head on the bunk above him.

"Ow," he spoke softly and started rubbing his head. A red mark showed that he would soon have a bruise on his forehead. His face was turning red, possibly with anger, and possibly because he just hit his head pretty hard. He then placed his head on his hands, remaining like that for a solid minute.

"I'm gonna go make some coffee. You need anything?" I asked Luke. He didn't speak, but he shook his head slightly in response.

"Okay," I got out of the bed, and went to the kitchen area, where Ashton was sitting on a bar stool on his phone. He had a piece of bread with some peanut butter on it in front of him, untouched. I began to make my coffee, and after I got it just how I liked it, I sat on the stool next to Ashton.

"Hey Ash," I smiled at him.

"Hey," he sighed.

"I'm sorry about what went down in there," I apologized on behalf of Luke, but mainly because I was hoping Ashton would apologize to Luke.

"No, it's fine. It's not your fault. I just... I think it's just because Luke's afraid of losing you. You know? He's afraid of the truth. The truth is, if it weren't for management, you'd probably be traveling around on this tour in Harry's bus, not ours. He's afraid that you'd never think twice about him. I admit, you two are adorable together, but that's besides the point. You're here partially because of management's wants, and partially because Luke's wants. Trust me, there's more than one reason you're here. One's for Luke, and the other's for this whole band's sake. You probably don't understand, but we're all scared right now. You'll never understand." Ashton shook his head.