Jackson's Request

"That was a very rousing battle!" Professor Jackson exclaimed in the distance, "You both have great potential as trainers. Please, follow me to my laboratory."

We did as the professor asked. When we got to the lab, he led us to a table upon which rested three Pokéballs.

"I want you both to take one of these and raise them to their full potential," Jackson said, "I trust you'll make these Pokémon very strong."

"So we get to choose which one we want?" Robin asked.

"Yes. The three Pokémon to choose from are Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle."

"Cool," Robin turned to me, "You pick first, Brian."

"Oh no," I scoffed, "I know how that works. I pick the one I want, and then you pick the one that has a type advantage against me. I'm not stupid, Robin."

"Geez, have a little faith, Brian. Fine, I'll pick first then. I want Squirtle."

Jackson handed Robin the Pokéball containing Squirtle and stood there, waiting for my answer.

"Alright. I want Charmander."

"You still pick the one that's weak against mine?" Robin complained, "Then what was the big deal about me picking first?"

"Well," I explained, "at least now I can't make the excuse that you have an unfair advantage."

"This is very true. Well, I'd better go find Kylie. She'll probably want to come with me on my journey. We could never be away from each other for so long."