━━ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘰𝘧 𝘯𝘪𝘮𝘶𝘦𝘩

𝐁𝐎𝐊 𝐈, 𝐊𝐀𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐋 𝐗

the mark of nimueh

NESTLED WITHIN A CRYSTAL clear vial, absumed of the striking hue that once painted every petal, a withered and decaying flower caught the eye of the kingdom's highest

NESTLED WITHIN A CRYSTAL clear vial, absumed of the striking hue that once painted every petal, a withered and decaying flower caught the eye of the kingdom's highest. Azure eyes danced over the small object, fingers reaching forward to pick it up for further inspection, but Prince Arthur's movements were brought to an abrupt end by Gaius's terrifying warning.

"Don't touch it. I had this in the water for no more than a few hours."

Water was a source of life for most things, and among them were the many flora that blossomed across the land in myriad shades of unparalleled beauty. To see what breathed life into them cause such ruin left the king shaken to his very core. "Where's the water from?"

Gaius, eyes heavy and worn from days of tireless efforts, heaved out a sigh. "The pump where the people take their daily supply."

Arthur and his father exchanged a glance, seemingly void of expression, but the panic was written in their eyes clearer than the midday sun on a cloudless day. If the poisoned water could inflict such damage upon flora after a few hours alone, then what could it possibly do to the human body?

The prince knew there was no other choice, even though the repercussions would be most severe if all wasn't resolved in just a manner of days. "We have to stop the people from using it."

"The city cannot survive without water."

Such talk of the kingdom's survival, as well as the looming weight of every body lain in the open courtyard, left the king high strung in the worst possible way. "We have to find this sorcerer!"

Concealed in his words was a tone riddled with slight accusation, and Arthur couldn't help but take notice to that which was most certainly directed his way. "I don't believe that they're inside Camelot."

"Then extend the search to the villages!"

As much as Arthur loved his father, he truly didn't understand what went through his head at times. He'd turned the idea over himself multiple times, and Arthur couldn't fathom why the sorcerer inflicting such misery would continue to reside in the targeted land; Camelot as a whole could be turned upside down, and Arthur believed this sorcerer still wouldn't be found anywhere.