Moira Caligari: the Witch of Good Blessings and Fortune

In the past, give or take 600 years, a woman by the name of by the name of Moira Caligari walked the land, looking for various items to use in her potions and spells. Walking along the road, she comes across a ragtag group of kobolds. The kobolds looked ragged, and worn out, as if they got out of a serious battle. She loaded them onto her rickshaw,and took them home. Bandaging them up, healing, and feeding them. Moira enjoyed their company while they stayed with her for the few days and nights. When they were fully healed, they left.

One day, as Moira was getting ready to forage again, she heard a knock on her door. Opening it, she finds five gifts. A pure white rose with red stem, a shimmering volcanic rock with the feel of onyx, rare painite ore, a glowing feather from the rainbow phoenix, and the color shifting scale from a deep sea leviathan. Moira already knew who left her the materials she read about to create the Potion of Eternity. Moira feeling touched, leaving her place open for the kobolds to come and go as they pleased, the witch in training finding a family she could call her own.

While rarely catching them before they would leave, she learned their names. Zox, Keva, Yip-Yip, Roark, and Drisz. Years pass, the six of them getting closer, Moira teaching the magic and spells, the five of them teaching her about the lands they come from. Many years pass for the six of them, and Moira telling them that the last few years she has contracted a deadly infection from working with the materials they brought her due to her carelessness. The five feeling horrible that they contributed to her infection. But she reassured them that they had nothing to do with her mistake.

Desperately, the five search her home for the materials, to find she made the potion. Sadly, she used the wrong ratios and made a poison instead. The five of them trying to recreate the potion, and succeeding.

Rushing to her side, trying to give it to her, they find her with a smile on her face as she passed away. In that moment, the five made a pact to keep her memory alive, all of them taking a sip of the Potion of Eternity, then poured the rest on her in remembrance of her.

With this action, the Gods of the Land came to them, blessed them, and made her into a deity for them. Over time, their devotion to Moira, lead them to different areas of the island to make her dreams of helping people of all kinds come true. The kobolds, once a year would get together and celebrate her, and talk about their accomplishments in helping people, making it somewhat of a playful competition.

During one of these occasions, Moira, now a goddess of sorts, walks in. Telling them that she's happy the kindness she showed them has been shown to others tenfold. Even though they drunk the Potion of Eternity, Moira granted the five of them a fraction of her newly found goddess powers so they can help even more people in ways they can't imagine, whilst telling them not to go overboard like she knows them to do when they get overly excited.

Over the centuries, the five of them still hold their party to celebrate Moira, with it being just the five of them, but within the last century they started letting it be island wide, and the Goddess herself still has to come down to scold them for letting it get too wild, but enjoying that many people have come to know of her because of them. A simple witch that just liked to help those in need.