one

chapter one[ the vanishing of will byers and melissa hopper ]

chapter one
[ the vanishing of will byers and melissa hopper ]

in the basement of mike wheeler's house sat four boys playing dungeons and dragons and a girl, half watching and half flipping through a magazine.

"somethings coming.....something hungry for blood." mike wheeler said, reading from the games manual.

"a shadow grows on the wall behind you! swallowing you in darkness.....it's almost here..." he said, looking at the other boys who were all on the edge of their seats.

"what is it?" will byers, the quietest of the group asked.

melissa smiled when she heard wills voice.

"what if it's the demogorgon?" dustin asked, panicking slightly, "oh jesus were so screwed if it's the demogorgon..."

"its not the demogorgon..." lucas cuts in.

"an army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!" mike said, making the three boys sigh in relief and melissa to slightly giggle about how into the game they were.

will couldn't help but smile at the sound. he loved when she laughed. she sounded so happy.

"troglodytes?!" dustin asked in disbelief.

"told ya!" lucas said, smugly, making melissa and will smile.

"wait..." mike interrupted, softly, "do you hear that?" he asked, "that....that sound?"

"that didnt come from the troglodyte, no that came from something else," making the boys lean forward and melissas head turn to the side in curiosity.

"the demogorgon!!" mike revealed, slamming the figure onto the table, making the boys groan and melissa to giggle at their reaction again.

"we're in deep shit." dustin said.

"will your action!" mike yelled.

"i don't know!" will exclaimed.

"fireball him." lucas said.

"i'd have to roll a thirteen or higher." will informed.

"too risky. cast protection spell?" dustin said.

"don't be a pussy, fireball him!" lucas yelled.

will shook his head and looked over at melissa questionably.