ALMOST LOVER

DISCLAIMER: I do not own the television show or the book series, Pretty Little Liars. All rights go to Sara Shepard, Marlene King, and ABC Family. Gwendolyn Brantley's character, however, is one hundred percent mine. That being said, if it is brought to my attention that there is a duplicate of her character in another PLL fanfiction, I will not hesitate to call you out on it. 

⚄⚄⚄⚄⚄⚄⚄⚄⚄⚄⚄⚄⚄⚄⚄⚄⚄  

ALMOST LOVER, BOOK ONE. 

     ❝I found love where it wasn't supposed to be.

     To be fair, Gwendolyn Brantley should have seen this coming.

     While the disappearance and supposed death of Alison DiLaurentis had brought about an earth-shattering reaction within the small town of Rosewood, Pennsylvania, it had been the aftereffects of a muddled summer night that left five girls wondering just how much they really knew about their so-called blonde, prima donna of a best friend. It hadn't come as quite a shock, either, when one year later found what was once the tight knit group of teenage girls that existed as Alison's second in command falling apart, the blonde having been the only tether linking the girls to one another.

     It was when Aria Montgomery and her family upped sticks to Iceland, however, when the girls really fell out of touch, and interactions had ceased as if they hadn't existed to begin with. Hanna Marin and Mona Vanderwaal had gone from inhibited wannabes to the girls that inherited the throne at the apex of the social hierarchy at Rosewood Day. Spencer Hastings had pursued her progressively expanding sense of knowledge and ran with the notion, taking on every project that crossed her path all in a false hope that she could keep her self busy to the point of forgetting. Emily Fields and Gwendolyn "Gwen" Brantley were the only two girls that couldn't seem to sever their friendship, the events of a past year only seeming to bring the two girls closer. 

     So, while it was unexpected for all of the previously listed circumstances to become a reality, Gwen realized with the return of Aria Montgomery and her family that everything in Rosewood had a way of finding its way back to the night that bore a tragedy, one that had no such intention to alleviate with time. The return of a troubled family, the anniversary of an untimely disappearance, and the secrets that hung heavy between everyone involved with the initial incident had eventually taken blame toward the cause of what was to become a series of seriously unfortunate events. 

     Yet, in spite of it all, Gwen Brantley found her hostile heart swelling at the mere sight of a certain freshman boy, and whether or not that was a good thing was just another aspect of her life that she had yet to figure out thus far. 

⚄⚄⚄⚄⚄⚄⚄⚄⚄⚄⚄⚄⚄⚄⚄⚄⚄  

     Babes, babes, babes! A lot of you were wanting updates for this, and I finally realized that there was no way I could actually write this unless I was actually happy with the plot. Which, as you can see, I wasn't. So, here's the new and improved version of Almost Lover! It has gone from an eventual OC/Ezra to an eventual OC/Mike Montgomery, mainly because I'm trash for Cody and then there's also the fact that I've literally planned out dozens upon dozens of scenes for the two. I really, really hope you guys like this enough to stick with me for the second time around, and if you were reading this for Gwezra and Gwezra only, I promise I didn't completely abandon the ship. 

     Let me know what you thought, babes! I'm super excited to start this back up :-)

     (Also, Mike is a freshman, right? Wiki says that his current age is 16-17, so I could only assume that he was a freshman when PLL started? If anyone knows his actual grade in the first season, please help a girl out.)