𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖎𝖝 ~ 𝕶𝖞𝖔𝖏𝖚𝖗𝖔-𝖘𝖆𝖓

About fifteen days later, her sword smith came by with her sword. He was pretty harsh on her and yelling at her not to break it. After the lecture, he gave her the sword to see it change color. When she grasped it, the blade turned into a purple to green ombré.

"It's so pretty.." Aura muttered to herself. "It is very beautiful." Kiyo said and the sword smith nodded his head.

After chatting with the sword smith for a bit longer, they waved him off. "So you like your sword?" Kiyo asked her. "Yeah.." She answered. I will not break it! She shivered, remembering the harsh warning the sword smith gave her. "If you break that sword, I'll break your bones!" "Yeah.. and I'll be sure to take care of it.." She said with a nervous smile.

"Well, let's go into town to get something to eat. My treat." Kiyo announced. Aura's eyes brightened, then she looked down while touching her fingers together. "Can we go to that bento stall again..?" She asked. "Hmm, I don't see why not!" He agreed. "Then let's go!" She yelled and practically pulled him out of his home.

They made it to the stall and ordered what they had last time. Hm, I don't see him. Maybe he went out on a mission? Aura looked around for the boy with the fiery hair. Kiyo tapped her shoulder. "Looking for someone?" He asked, smirking. She jumped and turned a bright red. "No!" She screamed. "Uh- two bento boxes." The owner said, placing the boxes on the counter. "Oh, sorry. Thank you." Kiyo apologized and paid for the food. They go and sit over on a bench to eat. "Thank you for this food!" They say their thanks in unison.

While eating, Kiyo turned to ask Aura a question. "So, uh, who was the person you were looking for earlier?" He asked. Aura sat up quickly and choked on her food. "W-water.." She said while choking. Kiyo nodded his head quickly and gave her some water. After chugging half a bottle, she was able to breathe again. "Phew, thought I was gonna die there-." Kiyo cut her off. "You still didn't answer my question." She froze up. "Were you looking for Kyojuro-san?" He asked with a smirk. She sighed. "Fine, okay, I was looking for him.." Kiyo laughed and they went back to eating.

They got home later than they thought they would and headed straight to bed. Let's just say she had a peaceful dream about Kyojuro.

————
(2 years later, Aura is about 16)

Aura just finished a mission in a town northwest. Maybe I should visit Kyojuro-san and Senjuro-kun? The Rengoku siblings had recently befriended Aura. They have grown surprisingly close in 3 months.

While walking, she spots a little shop along the road. "Treats would be a nice surprise. Plus Kyojuro really likes food." She mumbles to herself. She heads into the shop and picks out a couple of snacks for herself and her friends.

She pays for the snacks and continues her walk to the Rengoku estate. Hopefully Shinjuro-sama doesn't mind me being there.. She starts thinking of some worst-case scenarios. Nah.. it'll be alright.

She makes it to the Rengoku estate and spot Senjuro sweeping the deck. "Senjuro-kun!" Aura yells to her small friend. He looks up and his eyes go wide before running up to her and hugging her. "Aura-sama, I've missed you! And so has onii-san." He says with a smile on his face. "Come on, onii-san is training in the backyard." He says, running behind the estate.

She rounds the corner and spots Kyojuro and Senjuro. "Ah, Aura-san, it's nice to see you!" He waved his hand and smiles with his usual bright smile. Aura squints her eyes, not quite used to the brightness just yet. "Hey, Kyojuro-san." She waves back and walk up to the brothers. "You've been busy training, haven't you?" She asked Kyojuro. "Yes, though I'm quite wore out now." He laughs a bit and takes a drink of his water. "Well, let's go inside." Kyojuro says as he leads the way into the estate.

"So how was your previous mission?" Kyojuro asks her. "It was fine, I guess. I did do it with my friend Aimi-san, though." She answered. "Hmm, her name rings a bell. Isn't she one of the slayers that passed Final Selection with you?" He asked. "Yeah, she's quite bubbly." Aura smiles and scratches her head, remembering the eccentric girl.

"Ah- I almost forgot!" Aura said suddenly, startling Kyojuro. She reaches into one of her bags and brings out a couple snacks. "I got us all some treats!" She said to the two brothers. She hands them their snacks. "Thank you, Aura-san!" They both thank her at the same time. She laughed. "It's no big deal." Kyojuro yelled his usual 'Delicious!' after every bite. It was quite adorable to Aura.

Their laughter stopped when they heard footsteps and groaning. Shinjuro-sama... He walked into the room the three children were in and glared at them. He then went back to his room to read and drink himself away again.
He reeked of alcohol... Aura looked at both Kyojuro and Senjuro. Their faces looked pained and sad. "Hey, now. Don't be sad, let's go back to the backyard and eat the rest of our snacks there." She suggested.

Both of their eyes lit up. "That sound like a great idea, Aura-san!" Kyojuro agreed. Senjuro nodded his head and they all went outside again. When they got outside, they sat on the deck and ate. "Hey, Kyojuro-san, do you have any missions coming up?" Aura asked her friend. "Hmm, I do have one coming up with my student, Mitsuri-san." He answered. Aura's heart felt a sudden ache. "Ah, so when will you be leaving?" She asked, a bit of pain in her voice. Luckily, Kyojuro didn't notice it. "In about three days or so." 1009

Author's Note:
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed chapter six! (1009 words)