2||SQUIRM [ON HIATUS]

No!

Shaking himself off a little, Yuji opened his eyes. You must have been seeing things, the thick black lines that were on his arms and face were gone. Your look of surprise and slight worry turned into shock.

"Yuji?! What's wrong are you sick?"

You sat down next to him and held his hand. Seeing the dark circles under his eyes, the drain; the look of exhaustion was prominent on his face. His skin was white and pale from his normal tan complexion, as if the life had been drained from him. Your soft fingers engulfed his cheeks, giving him a feeling of warmth. Your palms rested against his skin.

He already felt butterflies rise from his starving stomach. A small smile on his face from just being next to you. But his body was sick, his stomach churned growling for substances. While his brain pounded against his skull, so much so he almost went cross eyed at the pain. It was nauseating, the pain pulsing in his skull telling him to sleep, to eat, to get away from you as quickly as possible and never communicate with you ever again.

But he couldn't ...

"I-I'm fine... I just came out for a... a late night snack..."

His brain couldn't even form sentences without a break, his head drooping slightly. You grasped his cheeks again holding his head up, a frustrated look on your face.

"Yuji... you're not fine! You look half dead-"

"I'M FINE!"

He quickly moved away from your hands turning and looking to the side. The sound of the rain hitting the tin roof was amplified in this moment. You felt a ping in your chest, never in your relationship had he never turned away from you.

Nonetheless raise his voice at you.

In all honesty he didn't mean to yell at you. It was just his brain, your words. They hurt him to think about, he wanted peace and quiet but wanted you next to him as well. He couldn't help but feel as if these bad feelings were being grabbed and squeezed by him.

It had to be him.

He was fighting back.

You raised a hand to your chest. A look of hurt on your face with every passing moment. The chef of the udon stand brought him a steaming bowl of Udon. The noddles cooked to a golden perfection.

"I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean to yell. I just really need some food right now."

You watched his weak hands break apart the cheap, wooden chop sticks and begin to slowly eat the bowl of noodles. Even the way he ate was different, it was slow and careful not to drop anything or spill as if he was a toddler again. You watched him, sitting down on one of the midnight blue stools with the Udon stand's logo on it.

"Why... why have you been ignoring me... and avoiding me?"

You leaned in on your palms, you looked so confused and to be frank; a explanation was deserved.

The male side eyed you, his lids halfway down making the glare look more sinister than it was.

"Avoiding you? What are you talking about?"