chapter ten

Chapter 10: A Beautiful Golden Sun

***

It was late morning when the mover worker almost finished packing their stuff to move it to Doyoung's house. Taeil was still in his studio, cleaning or making a place for his drawing that he left in his house to store it in his studio. Doyoung had already told Taeil to just move it to his house but the man insisted to move it to his studio instead.

The worker will move the drawing after sending everything else to his house. The drawing needs extra care since the paint itself cost million won. Moreover, Taeil spends days and night painting the drawing, and moving the painting too often will be dangerous.

Doyoung stepped into Taeil's home studio. He had been there a few times, and the room look like how it was like before. It was an empty room, a large painting board in the middle, a small table – colourful with paint and one cozy-looking chair.

Taeil hasn't been drawing much since he opens his own drawing classes. The room looks a bit dusty.

Doyoung was looking at a few finished drawings and a small smile appeared on his face. He sometimes forgot how talented Taeil was since Taeil don't really talk about himself that much. He remembered that Taeil used to talk about the exhibition, his own exhibition. But he hasn't said much about it since he started dating Donghyuck.

Doyoung was wondering if he suddenly changes interest. Very unlikely though, Taeil never did something without a clear goal. Taeil used to say, goal keeps one going.

Doyoung chuckled a little when he saw a pair of dumbbells in the corner of the room. He still remembers the frown on Jaehyun's face whenever he saw Taeil exercising before he started painting his art.

The room was a bit messy with all the boxes – Doyoung picked up a few boxes out from the room when he noticed a huge drawing was hidden behind all the boxes. Umm... why did he separate this drawing from the other? Doyoung thought.

The big board was being covered by a white-dusty cover. Without thinking much Doyoung removed the cover and his eyes were greeted by a beautiful painting of a very familiar face.

It was Donghyuck.

Doyoung scanned the drawing while holding in his breath. The perfect detail of the colour of Donghyuck's golden tanned skin, his perfect wavy hair, his cute nose, his heart-shaped lips, the sensual shape of his eyes, and even the amount of moles. Everything looks so good, Doyoung has lost his words.

Doyoung catches a small title under the painting, 'my golden sun'.

A heavy chuckle left his lips before covering the drawing and left the room without looking back.

Doyoung has so much energy earlier in the morning. Now that he saw a magnificent painting of Donghyuck, he suddenly felt jealous. Thinking about the drawing Taeil had given him after he graduate, it was good but not as good as the drawing of Donghyuck.

He suddenly felt upset, his lips and hands were trembling when he texted Jaehyun that the mover is on their way to the house. Doyoung couldn't even type a proper text when he feels his leg weaken, he was desperately craving for air.

Instead of texting Jaehyun like he intended to, he texted Taeil instead, 'draw me'

Lucky Doyoung, before he can make a fool out of himself – Jaehyun called him before he can press send.

Unable to understand his own feeling and how his body react to it, Doyoung forced his body to stand up and his voice firmly trying to act like everything is normal and nothing about the drawing of Donghyuck even bother him as he gestured to the new worker that comes to pick up the drawing to Taeil's home studio.