CHP 34: AUREATE AND RESPLENDENT

Finally, the day of prom was here. The high school was decorated such that it befitted the description of a majestic palace of kings and queens. Glitters, shining decoratives, lights of all the colors glowing, wonderful crowns for the PROM KING and the PROM QUEEN. In and all, the night was all set for a marvelous display of beauty, glamour, and elegance, altogether.
Several gorgeous ladies were accompanied by their equally gorgeous partners. But our most awaited pairs were Michel-Kate and Cheryl-Oliver. Felix went with a girl named Amanda, who was very sweet and kind and was in the same class as him. She was a mutual friend of Kate, and to his surprise, Amanda even had a crush on Felix. As we all know, Felix is extremely shy when it comes to asking out a girl for prom, and hence, he accepted the first invite he got. Though Felix is really handsome, he always hesitates to go talk to a girl, so, at last, he agreed to go with Amanda.
Felix had worn a brown color tailored three-piece suit with a creme-colored shirt and black shoes. He was truly looking like a charming prince of some distant dreamy kingdom. Though he was very shy entering the prom hall, all the girls couldn't help but stare at him for a moment and their gaze lingered on his messy hair with some loose strands falling on his face. He was indeed looking fantabulous! Felix and Amanda reached earlier than the others of our protagonist group. After a while, Felix noticed Jennifer standing alone in wait. She had worn a red gown which had floral boundaries on it, and it was so elegant that it made her look like she was attending some beauty pageant. Along with the dress, her look was completed with some jewellery and a floral tiara. Jennifer who usually wore short skirts and high boots with a hair bun, looked differently elegant today. No one could actually agree that this was the same Jennifer they had seen a day before. She was looking so stunning that indeed anyone would've fallen for her, and one of the guys literally did (He tripped gazing at her). Literally, anyone seeing her that day would have had a crush on her or at least an infatuation towards her.
Felix greeted Jennifer with a warm hug and complimented her on how beautiful she was looking. "You look lovely today!" smiled Felix.
"Thank you Felix.. but just today? You mean to say I don't look beautiful every other day?" asked Jennifer with a mischievous grin. "Uh..no umm...that's not what I-"
"Not at all" a crackling voice came from the back and continued to say
"Well well... Don't you see? It's quite evident. You don't look beautiful every day, and hence, everyone is over complimenting you today" laughed Michel.
"Haww! How mean Mike! I hate you guys," said Jennifer making a sad puppy face resembling that of a two-year-old who just got their candy taken away for misbehaving. Michel and Felix laughed and hugged Jennifer. "Believe me, you're looking the prettiest of them all" started Felix. "Just till now though, who knows of the future...it is very uncertain...We might have someone who's looking prettier today" added Michel with a smirk, to which Felix and even Jennifer started giggling. Michel who had come today only because Kate had convinced him to, was eagerly waiting for Kate who hadn't arrived yet. Michel had worn a dark blue three-piece suit which matched his look to the max and showed off his crystal white teeth. Michel was complimented by several people on his way in, from the entrance to the prom hall. He was not at all habituated to be getting so much positive attention and was really glowing from head to toe. It felt weird for Michel to receive so many praises, but he was happy.
A few moments later, Kate entered the prom hall. She had worn a sky blue colored dress, the color of which was finalized after talking to Michel. They had decided previously what they were going to wear so that Mike and Kate looked a complete pair. The light blue color of Kate's gown blended but also contrasted very well with Michel's dark blue three-piece. Kate had worn the same tiara as Jennifer, since the three girls had coordinated and collectively decided upon the jewellery. She wore a neck pendant with her initial 'K' on it, which matched perfectly with her dress.
She even wore a black ring, the same ring Catherine used to wear. Cat herself had given it to Kate when they'd become friends since Catherine found out that even Kate was fond of rings and jewellery. Everyone greeted Kate warmly and they all clicked pictures with each other. They also got photos clicked of our stand-out couple, Kate-Michel.
As the time went by, gradually the crowd began to gather and then came, making a fashionably late entrance, our two charms, the couple everyone waited for, the couple everyone anticipated for, Oliver and Cheryl.
Their attires were worth a gossip and were indeed ineffable. Cheryl was a complete aesthete and she had an impeccable fashion sense. She wore a golden and brown gown that had beads and glitters all over. The prom gown had such minute details in it, that even the aureate glitters, boundaries, and the clean perfect work of the dress designer were seen. After all, Cheryl had waited for this day since her 7th grade in the orphanage, when she first learned what prom was and had been very eager to go to her first prom ever since. Oliver had worn a simple black three-piece, but it had such class, elegance, charm and it fitted his well-built body so well, that it easily took away the breath of all those looking. He was looking like the dream boyfriend of many girls. Any girl would want to date him, but, his dream girl was only and only...Cheryl. Cheryl and Oliver were looking so lovely that they could undoubtedly pass for Adonis and Aphrodite (Greek god and goddess of beauty)