part 1

A dark sound of chiming bells rang in Lily's ears as she walked through the forbidden forest, searching for something. Someone.

It was only a moment of time later when a ghoul like face grabbed its bony hands around her neck.

The forest creatures found pleasure in her screams.

"Lily wake up love, it's just a dream," James' soothing voice whispered in her ear, helping a panting and sweating Lily up from the bed.

She opened her watering eyes, looking up at her lover who more than once had to soothe her after her everlasting night terrors.

Pushing her messy ginger locks away from her face, she took a deep breath, looking up at concerned James.

"I don't know what's wrong with me, James. These dreams they-" she paused, looking uncertain and scared. "As if something is trying to warn me."

James looked at her for an ominous second before pulling her in a tight hug, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Dark times are coming," he said nothing more, savouring the clueless silence.
She closed her eyes in an attempt to be shielded away from everything by James' warmth.

"Maybe I am overreacting," Lily sniffed. "With all of this war news I have grown paranoid."

He pulled away from the shaking red head to look into her forest green eyes.

"My knowledge of dark magic and how to repel it is extensive, my dear, and never in my life have I known for such dreams to be a figment of the imagination. I don't know what we're going to do as of yet but I promise you, I shall protect you in life and after death. I will do whatever it takes to keep you safe."

She let the tears spill, soaking up his shirt as she clutched onto him as if any moment he would disappear into the air like he never existed. He kissed her on the forehead, letting her be vulnerable with him. How could he not? Such a beautiful soul should not feel so much despair.

"I love you, James." She uttered through her tears.

"I love you more than I love life, dear Lily." He kissed her lips gently. So gently they could feel the intimacy and love burning through the salty tears of passion that coated their lips.