-𝐎𝐍𝐄

❧ ❧ ❧
ONE
❧ ❧ ❧

⎯⎯⎯"RUE, THEY'VE FOUND ALISON'S BODY," Hanna Marin's voice was shaky as she told her cousin the day's events through the phone, stood trembling beside Spencer Hastings, Emily Fields and Aria Montgomery

"They've—they've what?"

"We're outside the DiLaurentis house now, Rue," she explained, and Prudence could hear her fighting back tears, "It's a murder investigation now, not a missing person investigation... I wanted to call you before the police do... because... well... that night. You were here too, obviously. They're going to want to speak to you. And I need you right now. We need you."

Prudence couldn't comprehend what Hanna was telling her, her heart racing at the thought.

Alison was dead? She was really gone?

"I'm—I don't know what to say," she shook her head, biting her lip, "I'll be in Rosewood by tonight, Han. I promise. I love you."

"I love you too. See you later."

Prudence was about to hang up, until Hanna cut in, "Oh— and Rue?"

"Yeah?"

"Jason just got back."

As she hung up the phone, Prudence felt her heartbeat quicken only further. Jason.

She heard her older brother enter the room before she could even begin to unpack the phone call, "Who was that on the phone?"

She gulped, pocketing her phone as a tear spilled from her eyes. She paced towards him, pulling him into a hug, "They've found Ali's body... She's—She's dead, Sammy."

She heard Sam's sharp inhalation of breath as he quickly hugged her tighter, kissing the top of her head, "Oh, Rue... I'm so sorry. Do you need me to drive you to Rosewood? I'm guessing you'll want to be with the girls. And I suppose the police will want to talk to you, too?"

Prudence pulled away, wiping her tears and nodding slightly, "If that's no problem... I can get the bus, otherwise..."

"I'm not letting you get the bus, Prudey," Sam scoffed, "Besides, I haven't seen Jason in a year and he probably needs the support. Go throw a few things in a bag, we'll leave in a hour, okay? We can stay in my apartment, if you don't mind me staying too? I want to be there for you... You're my baby sister."

"Of course, Sammy. Thank you," Prudence nodded, hugging him quickly again before turning on her heel to head to her room. She paused for a moment, "I can't believe she's really gone."