Part 7

After he had fallen asleep on the bed, I put on my bra and pants and then put on his shirt to partially cover me.

I grabbed a cigarette and a lighter from my pocket and then started to make my way outside.

The ball had ended downstairs, all that was left were the compelled cleaners.

I lit the cigarette while walking down the steps at the front of the house and then eventually sitting on one and leaning on the one behind me.

I heard someone come outside.

"How?" Klaus asked.

"It doesn't matter." I blew out the smoke.

He then came and sat next to me. Looking down at my stomach, he pulled his shirt slightly off me to reveal the cut again.

This time, it was much worse.

It looked almost infected and I was in a lot of pain. He grazed his fingertips over it but I winced and he took them off me.

"That's why your veins are black." He spoke.

I didn't say anything.

"How much time do you have?" He asked.

"Couple days." I sighed.

He looked down but didn't say anything.

"About Katherine..."

"Don't give me anymore shit for protecting her Klaus." I interrupted firmly.

"I was going to say I know where she is." He then spoke. "I overheard a conversation between Stefan and Elena. She's in the old tomb where the vampires from 1864 were buried."

I looked at him and smiled lightly, but he didn't look back. I didn't blame him.

"Thank you." I whispered.

I ran down the steps to the tomb. Everything was dark, only a fire lit stick on the wall would give me any light.

There was a tomb stone rolled in front of it so I pushed it out of the way.

I then saw her immerse from the darkness, dragging her feet along the dirty floor, still wearing her masquerade dress and very clearly blood deprived.

"I'm going to get you out of here, I just need some time to figure out how." I told her.

She nodded.

There was nothing more to say, I needed to find a powerful witch to get her out of here. There was only one person I could think of who could help, but I needed revenge first.

Stood in the darkness outside a hospital, I finally saw her walk out. Elena.

Once she got to her car and unlocked the door, I made my move.

She gasped and turned around when she saw me in the reflection of her car window.

"No please." She begged.

I stabbed her in her stomach, and then dragged the knife up to her heart.

"I'm sorry, but I told him I'd kill everyone he's ever loved." I whispered.

Blood started pouring out of her mouth, and then she dropped dead at my feet.

I opened the door to the Mikaelson house too see Elijah sat on the sofa, reading what looked like a spell book.

"Where's Klaus?" I asked.

"I assumed you would've known considering your conversation during the party." He replied, not looked up from his book.

"Where is he?" I sighed.

"He's not here right now." He closed the book and stood up, walking right past me but still not making any eye contact.

"What's going on?" I asked confused. He had never been like this.

"Unlike Klaus, I took the time to read up upon the spell that the witches were meant to kill Katherine with." He began. I gulped knowing where this was going. "Upon reading I happened the stumble across, what was it, oh yes, the cure."

He narrowed his eyes at me and I couldn't say anything.

"You're not here to say good bye to him, you're not here to see him one last time, you're here to screw him over again." He told me.

"I had time to reconsider." I spoke. "I'm not going to leave him as I did before, I would be sacrificing an eternity on the run from him."

"Didn't stop you before."

"Back then I was protecting Katherine while she was still human. She can take perfect care of herself without me."

"You've only got a few days to live, you won't have time to get her out of there. You're only option is to betray Klaus, ditch her and like you said yourself, spend an eternity on the run." He stated.

"I won't do that!"

"Then why are you here?" He shouted. "You need something from him, you're using him to get close enough for him to trust you again."

"I slept with him once and you think he'll forgive me? You haven't thought for a second that maybe I have changed my mind and figured that it's not worth it anymore? That if I do everything you're telling me I'm going to do that death is better than living in fear for an eternity?" I panted and looked at him. "It's not worth it anymore Elijah, I don't want to live in fear."

He didn't say anything, although he seemed to sympathise.

"Why are you here?" He asked quietly.

"I need to get Katherine out before I go so she's not trapped for an eternity, but nevermind. I'll just find someone else."

I turned around and walked out of the door.