Sneaking out

Set 100 years in the future. Feyre pays Tamlin a visit after he hurts her niece (Nessian's daughter) who is mated to Tamlin's son. This is inspired off of https://www.tiktok.com/@readwithchrissy and a roleplay we have going on. 

Unsure of the time, all I knew was that I was too alert to sleep. The fact that Tamlin was still free and still roaming parts of Prythian unsettled me. Rhysand's arms were draped around me, making it difficult to sneak off. Listening to his breaths, I recognize the patterns, knowing when he was asleep deeply. Gently, I lift his arm off of me and place it onto his stomach. Holding my breath, I slide over to the edge of the bed trying to keep the mattress from shifting too much.Reaching the edge, I gently push myself up and slide off to avoid the sudden change in weight. I quickly turn back, thinking I had woken my mate. I freeze in the dark room and only exhale the breath I had been holding in when I'm certain Rhysand is fast asleep.

I felt guilty leaving him like this, but nobody would let me go if they knew and the fire I was feeling needed to be put out.

I hit my foot against the drawer, biting the inside of my cheek to prevent any noise from escaping me.  

SHIT! 

Tip toeing my way to the dresser, I let a small ball of light float above my head while I look for my leathers and a warm black sweater.

I pull my hair back into a braid. This wouldn't take long. I didn't plan on lingering or causing more damage than needed to be done. If Tamlin was unstable enough to hurt Chrissy this way, it would easy. What wouldn't be easy was not killing the bastard. I don't bother taking any weapons. I wouldn't need them when I could burn him with a wave of a hand. Throughout the past decades, I'd grown more confident in my abilities, discovering new strengths I once was not aware of posSessing.

Looking over to Rhysand's sleeping figure one more time, I think how I'd be getting so much shit when I came back.I disappear into the darkness winnowing myself to the place I used to think of as my home.