chapter 1

"you are princess celestia's daughter,"

"i'm what?!" i gawked out, flabbergasted at his wording. princess and i in the same sentence do not go together. i watched as namjoon took his fake glasses off and placed them on top of the coffee table in front of me. and then, he slowly kneeled on one knee in front of my face as i peered down at him with an uncertain expression.

"you heard me," he stated while tilting my chin upwards to face him eye to eye, "y/n l/n, the missing princess of the human royal family."

i could almost throw up at the name but i just shook my head profusely, hand snatching away his fingertips underneath my chin, "you've got the wrong person, joon. there is no way i'm connected to the royal family. first of all my mother's name was ann, not celestia. second of all, i never lived in some kind of castle wearing princess crowns or dresses."

i repeated my words in my mind. there's just no way...

but i did recall that group of vampires from the chambers saying something about my last name.

"i heard her family name is l/n."

"oh, no wonder she's so sweet."

"isn't her bloodline passed down from queen celestia?"

...

"no wonder the queen hates you so much."

my eyes widened, wider and wider as i pieced together every loose string in my head. no baby photos... captured by jungkook for my blood... the notes in the dresser! i'm...

i'm!

"y/n," namjoon's deep voice cut me from all my clouding thoughts. i immediately centred all my attention on the male kneeling in front of me, "i know its a lot to take in., especially for someone with a personality like yours."

one of my eyebrows twitched at his last sentence. what does he mean someone with a personality like mine?!

"although, there's a bigger problem than you not believing me."

"i'm a vampire," i breathed out while my hands immediately flew to cover my mouth, "daughter of the human royal family, a vampire," i read out loud, sliding my hands up my face to grip my hair out of horror, "w-what do i do?! i can't return! t-they wouldn't accept me!" i frantically panicked out aloud, resulting in namjoon leaning forward and placing both his hands over mine to remove them off from grabbing my hair.

— "there's no doubt. those people would be disgusted by me..."

"shush now," the tall man softly whispered comfortingly, now gently squeezing my hands that were resting on the palms of his. he felt something in his head pang from the word disgusted being used to describe his kind, but he knew you were just in a state of panic. "do not fret any further. i will figure out a solution for you. but yes, that was what i was referring to. unfortunately, i do not know a way to reverse what has been done to you but if we think of it like this, then maybe theres no need to change you at all. picture this, a kingdom's princess was missing for ten years. the kingdom is in shambles and if nothing is done, the royal family will only grow more distant. what if, the princess returns to her people but was turned into a vampire. do you think they could just reject you, y/n?"

i inhaled sharply, averting my gaze off to the side whilst i thought for a moment, "well when you put it that way..." i looked up into his dark brown eyes, my eyebrows still tilted downwards with anxiety, "i'm sorry for outbursting like that. i've just really been on edge for the past couple of days."