06. love confession

Amidst of everything, Jaehyun could say he was quite surprised to see Namjoon in the washroom, out of all the places.

"Wow," he said, stopping in  his tracks, "What are you doing here?"

"This is a washroom," Namjoon replied, "What do you expect me to be doing in here?"

They just stared at each other for a few seconds, dumbfounded, until one of them burst out laughing. Who, they didn't know, but it certainly eased away all of the tension, stress and worry piled up in the timespan of a few weeks relating to the publishing of Namjoon's book.

Now, the publishing process, to be put in brief, is a very long and tough process. Just writing a book isn't the end, there's a lot of stuff that comes after that, too.

First come the acquisitions, which is where a publisher acquires, or basically 'buys' a manuscript. Namjoon didn't have to go through that this time because he already had the first two volumes of the series published, so of course the third will be published by the same publisher.

Second is the editing, which Jaehyun had taken care of.

Then comes the design and typesetting, which, if Jaehyun wasn't wrong, was what was going on as of now.

After that was the proofreading, and it was proofread plenty of times before the book finally went for publishing.

That wasn't the end, though. Then there would be the marketing and sales part, and Namjoon would have to sign the first hundred copies or so, and then go to signing events, and all that jazz. All in all, Jaehyun was happy he gave up on his ambition of becoming an author a few years ago, and instead decided to take up the next best job that would have almost the same concept; editing.

"Hey, Namjoon, do you have work to return to?" Jaehyun decided to ask, remembering his conversation with his younger sister, Eunha, over the phone.

"Not really. The designers are working on covers as of now, and I've given them a jist of what kind of vibe the cover should give. I'll later have to go and take a look at the ones they make, so as of now, I'm free."

Jaehyun gave one of the loudest dramatic claps ever. "Perfect. Do you wanna grab coffee? I know a café nearby. I figured that we should, you know, meet up for once last time, since, well, I'm not technically of any use for you from now on. Unless, well. . . you need help with another kiss scene, or, you know, something more." He immediately slapped his hand over his mouth after saying the last part as his whole face reddened on realising what he just said.

Namjoon's face was identically crimson. "I, uh, would appreciate that."

"I didn't realise you had such. . . desires, Mr. Kim, but this man here is always ready to help! But damn, you could've confessed your love to me in a better way than that. What happened to cute picnic date, stargazing and all that?" the older male (which was Jaehyun, if you didn't know) teased, obviously trying to make the mood playful. Little did they both know that both of their hearts were beating super fast at that moment, due to the same reason.

Namjoon joined in. "Ah, my bad. Would you like me to take you to a cafeteria and confess to you like a proper gentlema—"

He was cut off with the sound of a flush in one of the toilets. Both men looked at each other with wide eyes, before looking in the direction of the lavatory.

A man came out of it, it was someone whom they both recognised as Min Yoongi, one of the members of the typesetting team, and close friend of Kim Namjoon.

"Will you two keep it down? I know you're in love and all, but please let me take a shit in peace," he said, proceeding to wash his hands and then, eventually, leaving the men's room, leaving both men at a loss for words.