Chapter 2 : Don't Kick Me!!!

Zhongli POV

Spiritual lifeforms. I am quite keen on this matter as I don't lack any forms of contact with them.

Barbatos, he was a wind spirit. Director Hu, she deals with spirits of the deceased. Chongyun and his search for evil spirits, although they flee on sight of him. Xiao and the souls of those he murdered. Even the seelies are spiritual lifeforms.

In my long life I had found many types of spiritual beings. Spirits that dwell within objects are no exceptions.

A spear with an ability to bound itself and change forms. There might be a spirit that dwells in it. And if there is then it must be quite strong, at least strong enough to be compared with the gods.

Communication might be possible for as long as it wanted to. Should I try to call upon it? Perhaps it would be better to do so where there is no witnesses.

Brewing a refined tea would take 6 hours long. And drinking it peacefully could take up to 1 hours as the tea would grow cold and lose its appeal. So this enjoyment could last me until sunrise.

*6 hours of tea brewing later (Idk how he brew the tea for an entire 6 hours without destroying the taste Lmao) *

Ah morning tea, a fine refreshment indeed. I should now head back to the room.

Should I lie in bed? Hmm perhaps not.

"Sir heroes! Please ready yourselfs, the king seeks your audience." -nameless knight A-

*At the audience chamber*

"Dear heroes, to aid you in your future journey we would like to help you finding your party. This here are the volunteers who would like to join you." -what is the King's name again? Au something melromarc the Idk. lol😅 I forgot sorry🙏-

So, Ren got five followers. They seem quite balanced. Itsuki has 3. That burly man and the warrior looking woman could indeed protect him as he sipes the enemies.

I got 4, why are they all girls? They look like what the youngster called bitches, especially the pink haired one. Should I be concerned? What are they after? Could they be any use? I think I should search my own party or fight on my own since they seem disloyal. Perhaps I should form a contract before forming a party.

Naofumi... He did not get any members. It truly does seem that the king is plotting something.

"What is this... For something such as this to take place... It probably is due to the shield currying little favor amongst others." -Ah I remember, Aultacray the 32nd was he not!?-

"King Aultacray Melromarc the 32nd. I would like to request of you to disband my party. As I feel that a bond formed on a whim is fleeting. Not only that, we won't be able to utilise our abilities to the fullest. So please fulfill this selfish whim of mine to go on as a lone fighter and search for my own allies. As I could see it there seems to be no one in the party of the shield hero either. So would it not be fine for me to have no members as well?"

"Please reconsider it Spear hero. The people had chosen to join your party. Wouldn't they feel rejected if you don't allow them to follow you?" -Aultacray-

"I have considered it properly. An untrustworthy ally is worst than a strong foe, this I had experienced my self. If they do so wish to join my party sincerely, then they should seek me out and negotiate. Perhaps you might not remember but the shield hero lacks party members. If they do wish to join the heroes party, they could also pick him. Why would I be the one they need to join?"

"It is the matter of trust spear hero. If they can't trust the shield hero then they won't join his party." -Aultacray-

"Hmmm. Then since it is a matter of trust, would it not be bad that I could not trust them. Then going alone will not be a problem. And I hope that the party members will try to find other parties."