Bucky? (Part 2) (12)

Mia's POV:

'Солдат, это не ты, хватит (Solider, this is not you, stop this)' I said in Russian as I tried to get him unconscious. I could hear him breath heavily and gasp for air. I flipped over and caused him to fall as well. My legs let go of him and I fell on the ground with a loud thud. I made a shield in front of me as he started to shoot bullets. I ran up to him and punched him hard in the jaw, just as I was about to use my powers on him. He got a syringe and stuck it in my neck. I felt my powers drain back.

'Seriously man? I just got them back!' I yelled as I punched him again. He grabbed my arm.

'Oh shit.' I muttered and he threw me towards another car. My ankle collided with it and I felt pain shoot through it go through my entire body as I fell down, yelled as pain shot through my body and closed my eyes. As I opened them, I saw The Winter Solider aiming a gun at me. I tried to get up but couldn't, I could hardly crawl. My powers wouldn't work since he had given me the serum again.

'This is it. This is how I die.' I thought. Just as he was about to shoot, Steve came running and his attention turned towards him.

Steve's POV:

When Sam cleared the way for me, I went to go look for Nat and Mia. I had not seen the Winter Solider and was getting worried. I saw Nat behind a car, holding her shoulder. I ran up to her.

'I'm fine. Search for Mia.' She said, I nodded and ran to look for her. I spotted Mia on top of him. She had him on the ropes and was saying something to him. She flipped and brought him down with her as well. When he started to shoot bullets, she made a shield in front of her, he got a syringe out and stuck it in her neck.

'Seriously man? I just got them back!' She yelled and tried to punch him again. He caught her arm and flung her towards another car. Her ankle collided with it and she yelled in pain. I ran towards him as he was just about to shoot her. He threw a punch towards me with a metal fist and I put my shield in front of me. He pushed me off the car and started hooting bullets at me. After some hits, I kicked the gun out from his hand and he snatched the shield from me. I ran up to him and he threw the shield at me. I dodged it and he got a knife from his holster like Mia. 

'Dammit Howard.' I muttered, remembering what he had told me and did some hand to hand combat with him. I dodged every strike and kicked him. He got his metal arm around my neck and threw me over a car. I landed on the ground with a thud. He came over me and I got out just in time as his metal fist came on towards my face. I flipped him over and got my shield, I flipped him and got his mask off. 

'Bucky?' I asked, not believing one bit that it was him.

'Who the hell is Bucky?' He asked, Sam pushed me out just in time before he shot. He aimed one more time at me but this time Nat aimed a gun at him and fired it. I ducked and he ran away. Suddenly, S.H.I.E.L.D cars started to surround us. Agents stormed us and Rumlow got me on my knees. 

'Put the gun down. Not here! Not here!' Rumlow said to the agents but I was still in a daze.

Mia's POV:

Agents pushed me and forced me to get up when my ankle was most definitely broken.

'I'm not going to go anywhere.' I muttered. The grabbed my gloves and removed them, no matter how much I argued. They got the handcuffs on me and led me to the van. Nat, Sam and Steve were already there. I limped and the agent pushed me in. I grunted in pain.

'You know, if my hands were not tied, I would've beaten the shit out of you.' I muttered and sat on the seat beside Steve.

'It was him, he looked at me and he didn't even know me.' Steve said as the van started.

'Steve, they had brainwashed him. No matter what you did, he would've not remembered you.' I said, the agent beside me punched me, and I just glared at him.

'How's that even possible, that was like 70 years ago.' Sam said.

'Zola. Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43. Zola experimented on him. Whatever he must've done helped Bucky survive the fall.' Steve said, looking really guilty.

'It's not your fault Steve.' Nat said and leaned her head back.

'Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky.' he said and looked at me.

'We need a doctor here, we don't put pressure on that wound. She's gonna bleed out here in the car.' Sam said, looking at Nat's shoulder. The agent in front of him got an electric baton out. Then shocked the agent that was beside me. He fell down on my ankle. I grunted in pain.

'Man, that thing was squeezing my brain. Who's this guy?' Maria asked, looking at Sam.

'We'll tell you but first get this guy off my ankle.' I said.

'Oh, sorry. Let's go.' She said and we escaped. She removed the handcuffs and I covered my wrists.

(Time skip to reaching the secret base.)

Steve's POV:

We escaped and reached a secret base on the outskirts of the town. Mia had hurt her ankle really bad and could not walk. I helped Nat get out of the van then picked Mia up bridal style so she wouldn't have to walk. Sam was helping Nat.

'Mia has a fractured ankle. GSW. Nat's lost at least a pint.' Maria said.

Maybe two.' Sam said.

'Let me take 'em.' 

'They'll want to see him first.' Maria said. We looked at her in confusion. We got to a room and she removed the curtain. On the other side was Nick, on a bed, machines hooked up to him. I felt Mia's breath hitch.

'About damn time.' he said, looking at us. I helped Mia on a table, taking care of her ankle and removed her shoe.

'Ouch.' She said every time I did something.

'Sorry, I don't mean for it to hurt.' I said and she nodded. The doctor scanned her ankle and her ankle was shattered.

"Yay." She muttered sarcastically. I picked her up again and we went to the room Fury was kept in. The doctor was tending to Nat's bullet wound as we talked to him.

'Lacerated spinal column, cracked sternum, shattered collarbone, perforated liver, and one hell of a headache.' he said.

'Don't forget your collapsed lung.' The doctor reminded him.

'Yeah. Otherwise, I'm fine.' He said, I saw Mia smile a little.