CHAPTER Nine

When Gulf arrived at his apartment, he carefully put his newly bought guitar on the sofa and threw himself on the bed in exhaustion. He kept his gaze focused on the plain-colored ceiling of the room.

What happened at the mall earlier hasn't left his head yet, and it sure bothers him a lot. The analogous soft, soothing piece from the piano continues to touch him.
.
.

*Dug Dug!* *Dug Dug!*

He stopped thinking and listened to that strange sound attentively. The strange throbbing of his chest comes along with that audible beat from nowhere. Gulf listened to the beat as he put his palm on his left chest.

"What am I feeling?" He asked himself, bewildered. It took him a couple more minutes to normalize his heartbeat and breathing before rushing to the bathroom with a bath towel and a pair of pajamas hanging on his shoulder.

Gulf cooled himself under the shower and felt the rushing flow of water into his skin. He spent almost half an hour in the shower before leaving the bathroom and temporarily sat on the bed while drying his wet hair with the towel.

The silence broke when his phone rang, and Jamie's name flashed on the screen.

"Heya Gulfie!" Gulf drew the phone away from his ears when Jamie's scream greeted him. Luckily he didn't think about turning on the speaker, or else his eardrums would surely explode.

"What a loud greetings you have there." He commented with a straight face. The girl just chuckled from the other line.

"So, how was the dat-- I mean guitar hunting with your tutor?" She asked. Gulf even heard her chuckle on the other line, he just shook his head.

"It went well. He's quite aloof but still fine." Gulf dozed off when Mew's image suddenly came back into his head. He was preoccupied to the point that he lost track of what his friend was saying. The young man can't help but wonder what Mew was like when he was still into music.

"Hello, earth on Gulfie are you still there?"

"Jamie? Can I ask you something?"

"Hmm? spill it."

The young man sighed when hesitation kept bugging him. He'd wanted to ask her personally, but he didn't know why he seemed to be in a hurry to know something. After what he saw earlier, everything about that guitar tutor of his was a mystery. How come such a melophile person suddenly stopped performing?

"You used to go to the same school as Mew, right?"

"Yep, why'd you ask?"

"What was he like back then?"

_________________

Gulf and Jamie headed straight to the club room as per the calling of their club president, Faith. This will be their last meeting before starting the rehearsals. Everyone was already spotted in their respective seats when they came. When everyone seemed to be complete and settled already, the president immediately started the meeting.

"As we all know, two weeks from now will be our performance. And I hope everyone has familiarized their scripts before the rehearsals, okay?"

Everyone, especially the main cast of the play responded positively to the leader. They've tackled the important details and things needed in preparing the performance.

"Kim, what about the costumes? How is it?" Asked Faith.

"Everything is almost settled" the young girl with a ponytail responded. Faith smiled and turned to the brown-haired young man.