Cover Your Eyes.

It's been a month since Natasha's funeral. Brad is living in an apartment with Renee about 10 blocks away from Katherine and Natalie.

"Natalie, are your clothes packed?" Katherine ask.

"No. I don't wanna go."

"He's your father. You haven't seen him in a month, just go over for a night." Katherine said. She couldn't understand how her daughter knew what making someone kill themselves meant but Natalie was smarter than most 7 year-olds.

"Fine. Can we get Ice cream before we get to my daddy's house?"

"Sure. Come on. Let's pack."

***

"Now, Natalie, be a good girl, okay? I don't wanna hear that you acted up. Got it? "

"Yes M'am."

"Ok. I'll be back tomorrow at 3pm."

"Okay." Natalie says and Katherine Knicks on the door. Brad opens the door.

"Hey Sweet Pea."

"Hi." Natalie says looking down.

"Well I'll see you tomorrow Natalie, I love you."

"I love you too." Natalie says and Katherine leaves without saying a word to Brad.

Natalie and Brad go inside. Renee comes down the hall in just a robe.

"Was that Katherine?" Renee ask.

"Yea. It was."

"I'm going to get a beer, want one?" Renee ask.

"I shouldn't, I have to watch Natalie."

"She's 7, she can watch herself. Plus I didn't say we had to get drunk."

"Sure, I'll take one. "Brad says. "Natalie, you can watch tv in here if you want. " Brad says and Natalie sits on the couch and starts watching her favorite show, SpongeBob.

****

It's 9 pm and Natalie has been at her dads house for 4 hours. Her dad and Renee are pretty drunk. Natalie walks up to her dad.

"Daddy, I'm hungry."

"There's something in the fridge." He says slurring his words. Natalie walks to the fridge and gets a lunch able out. She goes back to the couch and begins to eat. She looks at her dad and Renee. Her dad has Renee pinned to the wall and is kissing her. He picks her up and takes her to their room. Soon, Natalie starts hearing weird noises and screams. She gets scared, so she goes to the room to see her dad and Renee both naked. They don't notice her so she runs back to the living room and picks up the house phone. She dials her moms number.

"Mommy?" Natalie says.

"Sweetie, why are you up? It's two hours past your bedtime." Katherine says.

"Daddy and Renee were drinking beers and then I just saw them naked in their bedroom. Can you please come get me? I'm scared."

"Sweetie, stay in the living room. I'm on my way, okay?"

"Okay. Hurry up mommy. The noises are getting louder."

"I'm getting in the car now."

***

Katherine knocks on the door and Natalie opens it because her mom told her it was her.

"Sweetie, go wait in the car." Katherine says and Natalie goes to the car. Katherine walks back to the room, and sees Brad and Renee getting dressed.

"You dead beat bastard. How can you get drunk and have sex when your daughter is under your watch? You will never see your daughter again. NEVER!!!" Katherine yells and Brad comes up to her and slaps her and then punches her in the stomach. Does he not remember about the baby? Katherine wonders. Katherine stumbles to the wall and then Renee comes up to her.

"Remember that time you slapped me a month ago? Well here's payback." Renee says and kicks her repeatedly.

"Stop!!" Brad yells at Renee. Brad pulls Renee off of Katherine and picks her up. Brad puts her in the passenger seat of the car and begins to drive them home, but he can't drive straight because he's drunk, so he runs into a car. He's fine and he looks at Katherine and she looks fine, but Natalie has a huge gash on her forehead and seems unconscious.