Fields

Daybreaks clear and crisp today. It is gunna be a good workin' day alright long into the evening after the sunsets until us colored ones can gather for some supervised alone time. Our masters aren't as harsh as some they let us gather in an empty field together every last Monday of the month when all our workin' is done good and the day is over. One master stands in stony silence and watches us. Sometimes he's the nice one other times they kick us even the toddlers when we get too rowdy. But still tis a good time we get. I can see my sister and mom my dad never makes it because he the masters personal slave. He never gets time off every once a year he can come but none time in between. I miss him still but today is his day. He chose it because it's my birthday. I'm gunna be 13 finally and I can start working in the house a little bit. Also today is the beginning of something not Ben I can fully grasp. Today the nice master will stand by us colored ones to form a plan of escape. He loves us like his children he says and even if that means doing what's right and letting us go free and away. It is going to be hard for there are 7 other masters. Who watch our every move but today is the begining and maybe our nice master will be the one to give life to my baby sister.