𝟓: 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐂𝐢𝐭𝐲

Around half an hour later...
.
——————————

What felt like it took forever, you finally got all the samples for the vaccine. You returned to the machine and put the samples in it, and just like that you've got a legitimate vaccine. Just as you were going to leave the facility a tentacle would almost strangle you to death.

You couldn't breathe, you pulley your pocket knife out and started slicing it, hoping it would get hurt. The tentacle would disappear and you'd end up falling off the platform. You needed to look for a way to escape the facility, and just lucky enough you found an air vent.

The squeeze was tight but you managed to crawl into it. You made it to the end of the air vent but the cover was in the way. You kicked it down and crawled out of there. Unfortunately the nemesis got you by the neck again.

You got your gun out to shoot but it didn't do any damage, that's when you realised. You were in a room full of gas tanks so you decided to shoot one.

The nemesis squealed and let go of you. Fire was slowly passing through the room. Just as you thought things would get easier, the nemesis still managed to get a hold of you. You was able to crawl your way forward but it wasn't something easy to do. Another gas tank blew up just in time.

You quickly got up and the hell out of that place. You were met with a entirely new place, it looked like an arena. There were massive tanks with numbers labelled on them and stairs leading down to the area. Just as you thought you were finally gone from that thing, it pushed the bricks out of the wall.

"You've got to be shitting me!" You'd yell. Out of impulse you'd run down the flight of stairs, which lead to them almost breaking and you on the edge of falling. You tried as hard to pull yourself up to grab the vaccine but someone was already there before you.

"Ohh, what do we have here?" You'd recognise that heavy Russian voice from anywhere. "Nicholai, don't! The city needs that vaccine!" You would try and persuade him from taking it. "More than I do? Hmm. I don't think the wisdom I've been trying to impart on you is getting through."

You felt an awful pain on your fingers as the Russian would step on them. You screamed in pain as you struggled to stay alive. "Now I know you can't put a price on life. But I'm in this business to get paid. So let's make a deal!"
Your hands are starting to slip.

"You go down there, battle the Nemesis. And I'll record it all and sell the combat data. Put on a good show and maybe I don't need the vaccine. Agreed? Good." Nicholai would push you off the edge and you were sent rolling down into the arena.

You weren't so prepared for this, but it's not like you can do anything else. You fired shots at the Nemesis, which did slow him down for a while, but didn't do a lot of damage. As you were reloading your ammo you would hear a familiar voice on the speakers.

"Y/N, is that you?" "Carlos?" You turned to look up at him and words couldn't describe how happy you felt to see him again. "You're ok! Let me spot for you." You nodded. "Good idea." You'd say.

Carlos helped you with defeating the nemesis. Overall the battle wasn't to hard this time, maybe it's because you had help or you're just getting used to all of this. Carlos sent a crane flying into its skull, the amount of satisfaction that brought to you was unreal.

"Y/N, get on!" He's say. You slowly approached the crane and climbed up on it. You signalled for the crane to go up and held on tightly. "I'm gonna melt this fucker into mush." You'd hear Carlos say from the radio. You'd watch the acid ooze out from those tanks, seeing the sight of it melting the Nemesis into pieces felt like an award.
"Okay, I'll meet you up ahead!"