Chapter 4

It had been a whole week since you last saw Taemin. After what had happened you couldn't stop thinking about what he told you. You questioned him everyday wondering if he felt that way towards you or not. You figured that for now it was definitely best if you both didn't see eachother for a while. You had too many things on your mind to even try to deal with relationships, you still had to find another job since your rent was piling up again and soon enough you would end up getting evicted....again.
Today you decided on going job hunting. Anything would do as long as the pay was good. As you walked down the street you looked for signs on windows of shops and restaurants who were hiring when you ran into someone walking in your direction.
"Hey you moron what is your- Heechul?!" you realized who it was.
"Hey!" Heechul said excitedly and hugged you quickly as soon as he saw you also.
"H-hey, h-how are y-you" you gasped for air. Heechul let you go and stood in front of you smiling brightly.
"Sorry, just havent seen you in a while!" "Hah, sorry I know I haven't seen you either." you responded ashamed.
"Hey come with me! My friend's birthday party is today and each guest has to bring a date to the party," Heechul assured you.
"Ah, well I'm actually a bit busy right now. I'm looking for a job and-"
"I'll help you! We can look tomorrow!" Heechul smiled brightly. You smiled back and nodded.
"Ah, let's get you something more fancy come on!" Heechul grabbed your hand and you both began to run down the sidewalks.
You guys went store to store searching for the right outfit for the party. You tired on shorts, jeans, skirts, dresses, tank tops, sweaters, anything until you reached a store named 'The Pink Dress Shop'. It looked nice and girly of course. The man who ran the shop was tall and female like, but you ignored him as you walked around looking for the right outfit with Heechul.
"Hey put this one on!" Heechul said tossing you a rose gold fitted dress and black heels.
You walked into a dressing room and saw the mirror in front of you then began to undress.
A couple moments later you walked out with the outfit.
"Hey Heechul I don't know how to walk in heels alright so don't laugh,"
"Don't worry I won't lau-" Heechul turned slowly and finally got a good look on what you were wearing and how you looked.
"Y/n.... You...." His eyes were wide and he swallowed hard.
"Is it weird? I'll go change," embarrassed you turned around to go back in.
"Wait," Heechul grabbed your hand and pushed you inside the dressing room.
"Ah, Heechul what?" You asked being pressed against the wall by him.
"You- you look so..." Heechul moved closer to your face. A hand brushed your cheek softly and then cupped it. His lips pressed on your forehead and slowly made their way close to your lips. As he leaned in closer you closed your eyes preparing for what was to come next.
"Excuse me, but only one person is allowed in the dressing room," the clerk said opening the curtain to the dressing room.
"Ah, right sorry, sir." Heechul chuckled then pulled away.
"We'll be taking this one," Heechul said handing the man his credit card.
*
*
*
*
Arriving at the party you felt a little nervous. You began to remember the words Taemin told you before and now here you were with Heechul holding your waist about to enter a party.
"You okay?" Heechul asked holding your shoulders gently.
"Ah, I uh... Yeah I'm fine lets go in," you faked a smiled and you both walked into the reserved restaurant.
"Okay this way so I can introduce you to my friend," Heechul held you by your waist and guided you to a table with a wealthy looking man.
"Xiumin, this is my friend I told you about," Heechul introduced you to the man who sat quietly looking at you.
"Hello, I'm y/n," you smiled and bowed at him.
"Hello, nice to meet you young lady, you are very pretty." Xiumin smiled softly at you and winked.
His expression could make any girl fall for him. You were one of those. You got lost in his perfect eyes, but suddenly you saw him. Taemin. He was here. He stood next to a short girl who had long brown hair.
"Ah, uhm who is that girl?" you asked Xiumin.
"Ah, she is Son Naeun and that boy there is her date, Lee Taemin. I hear they have been a couple for some years. Why do you ask?"
"Excuse me," you excused yourself and walked away from the crowd.
You found a door that led to balcony filled with flowers and some lights wrapped around a small wooden fence. The stars in the sky made you feel relaxed yet lonely. You walked to the stone balcony and leaned on it resting your head in your hands.
"It's beautiful isn't it?" a voice spokw quietly. You turned quickly to see Xiumin walking towards you.
"Ah, yes it is. Sorry for leaving and wondering around lately I just-"
"That's quite alright. I understand don't worry," Xiumin stood in front of you now and held you hand lightly.
"This view... I've been looking it alone for years, but now I'm looking at it with such a beautiful girl. It looks even better."
Xiumin closed in and pressed your back to the balcony railing as he pished his body against yours.
"Ah, uhm I-" you tired to protest, but he interrupted.
"You're beautiful in that lovely dress. Let's see how it looks on the floor." Xiumin smirked and leaned down to tug at the fabric on your shoulder.
"H-hey wait a minute what are you doing?!" you pushed him, but his grip on you was strong.
His hands went to your back to pull the zipper down. He moved his lips to yours and kissed you stealing your first kiss. You felt horrible and ruined. You tried to yell for help when his hand groped your breast. When your mouth opened he quickly slid his tongue inside of yours. You could taste the alcohol. He was drunk.
"Hey asshole what the hell are you doing?" you heard a familiar voice speak up.
It was Heechul. He ran towards you both and pulled Xiumim away from you.
"Go," he whispered to you. You stood there unsure of what to do.
"Go!" Heechul yelled.
You nodded this time and ran away.
"Hey let me go you bastard! Come back here!" Xuimin yelled.
Upon running you bumped into someone down the hall. Taemin. Lee Taemin caught you in his arms.
"T-Taem-" you smiled at him, but he stopped you mid sentence.
Taemin pushed you away behind him and kept walking towards that girl he was with earlier. You got annoyed at him ignoring you.
"Hey! Taemin what are you doing? First you confess to me and then you just walk away what is your problem?!"
"Don't you see? I used you obviously. Now go away you're disturbing the party." he didn't even look back at you as he spoke.
Naeun just smiled at him and held his arm as they began to walk away.
'Use-used me?' you couldn't help the tears that were falling out of your eyes.
You decided to leave the party and walk home. Arriving home you quickly took off the dress and shoes leaving yourself in your undergarments, so you put on a shirt that Taemin had left there before. You went to your room and cried for hours. You couldn't believe it. Your feelings had been played with by someone you trusted so much. A knock on the door sounded, nut you ignored it assuming it was the landlord lady coming to kick you out. You didn't care at this moment. Everything was falling apart for you but you didn't care.
The door was heard being kicked open. You jumped and stayed quiet in your room as your heard footsteps walk around.
'Great now I'm being robbed while I'm still here!'
The footsteps came closer and closer. Your heart was racing. The door of your room swung open and there he was. Taemin. He stood there looking right in your watery and red eyes.
"Go away," you told him throwing a pillow.
The pillow hit him but he didn't move. He stood there with sorry eyes.
"Go! Go back to that Naeun girl I'm sure she'll be pleased!" you yelled at him.
Taemin walked to you and tried to hug you but you refused and moved away. He held your arms restricting them from moving around so much.
"Go, just go!" you yelled but stopped moving around and let your head rest on his chest.
His arms held you and he sat down criss cross. He brought you onto him and cradled you.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Please let me explain everything." Taemin said brushing your hair away from your still crying face.
"Naeun is actually Xiumin's sister. They both happen to be the children of my father when he was alive. Ever since my father died they have taken care of me. I am in debt to them. Since I don't have money to repay them, I agreed to marrying her as payback, but now today I was able to pay them back with the help of a close friend of mine. I went to the party to explain it to Naeun and her father. Please understand the circumstances I was in." You looked up at a now crying Taemin.
He was trying hard to hold back the tears as well. You got up and sat down correctly and faced him so.you could whipw the tears away from his face. He looked at you and whiped your tears away as well. A couple seconds passed and you hugged him tightly. Taemin's arms wrapped around your body and he held you. A hand went up to your face and he moved your head to his. His lips quickly met yours and he pressed them together roughly.
Realizing what happened you pulled away and looked at him uncertain.
"I guess I lost the bet. I'd rather lose that than lose you, y/n," Taemin spoke quietly to you.
He pulled you back to him and kissed you longer deepening the kiss.
It was sweet and passionate nothing and no one could compare to the person in front of you right now.
"I love you."