The Unlucky Bastard is a Child?(2)

Cale was lying on his bed and looking at the white ceiling, while the two kittens stroked his hair and the big dragon massaged his cheeks.
No reaction, Cale was too focused on staring at the ceiling to think about them, since Cale's specialty was blankly staring into nothing for hours without thinking about anything. So they began to yell his name.

"Human!"

"We are hungry nya!"

"Hungry nya"

'Aigoo my poor life'

At that moment Cale turned his eyes to the children and smiled. His kids had worked hard that day, he could't let them starve, so he dragged himself out of bed and walked out of the room.
The three little children saw the door close and then reopen, Cale went to the door with a stoic face.

"Do you want some snack?"

At those words the two cats and Raon's eyes began to spark with joy. Cale didn't wait for them to answer back, satisfied with their reaction, and when he was about to close the door he felt a hand tapping his shoulder.

"What are you doing Young Master?"

"When-"

Cale was about to swear.
He hadn't noticed the presence of his scary butler, so he squatted down the door in fear. Ron's smile looked too mischievous in the dark.

'Scary old man'
After the war against the White Star, Ron hadn't left him alone for a moment.
Cale was being watched all the time, to make sure he rested, which he found suffocating, but he couldn't say anything since it was partially his fault.

"You seem distracted this morning Young Master..."

'Ah?'

Cale stoic face turned into a frown, he couldn't figure out what the butler was thinking, so he got up and tried to enter in his room to avoid Ron's scary gaze, but the little dragon was more quicker.

"Our Human kept ignoring us and staring at the ceiling for hours!"

'Dammit...'
Cale could see the fake tears in the children's eyes, but that wasn't the problem.
He felt as if Ron's eyes were glaring at him even more, like studying, trying to figure him out and Cale couldn't help but avoid his sharp gaze.

"What are you hiding Young Master ?"

"...."

***

Cale had managed to avoid a long chat with Ron, thanks to his father who needed the butler. But his mind was very chaotic still.

'Should I open this book or not?'

Cale kept staring at the black book in his hands with intensity, as if he was waiting for something to happen already. But As he felt a small paw reaching out to the book, he looked up and noticed his kids still awake looking at him. On was the first to end the staring contest and deadpanned.

"Cale why are you looking at that book as it owes you money ?!"

"Are you okay Human?"

"Where did you get that book nya?"

"I'm curious nya"

The children were sitting on the bed, eating some cookies that Ron had brought them, while their curious eyes kept looking at the book with awe and anticipation.
But unlike the children, Cale was very suspicious about it, and began to think that his life as Cale Henituse also began by reading a book.
If he had never decided to read 'the birth of the hero' that day...perhaps he wouldn't never ended up in this fantasy world.

What if he had read a cook book before falling asleep? Would he had become a cook?
As he thought about it, On tired with Cale's actics, put a paw on the black book and opened it, Cale realised it too late and could only swear inside as he looked at the mischievous smile on his daughter's face.
His body was so weak, that he couldn't even stop a kitten's swift paws, no pun intended.

"Human you need to eat too, eat my cookies!"

Cale ignored the dragon's words and picked up the book again, slightly frowing at On, who kept giggling, proud of what she did and showed another cookie in her mouth. Cale sighed defeated and looked at the first page of the black book. Honestly he felt a little disappointed.
The first page showed a strange mark, like a symbol, but the other pages were written in an incomprehensible language that even Cale didn't know.

It wasn't a human language for sure.

"Demonic race..."

Cale had that thought, but decided to close the book and forget about it. He didn't want to think of useless thing that he didn't understand either.
He felt like his life would get even more complicated, if he ever tried to investigate the origin of that book.

"Let's go to sleep..."

"Are you tired already Human?"

"You are really weak nya"

"I'm not tired nya"

The children began complaining, but the red- haired couldn't hear them anymore, he felt terribly sleepy.

***

It was nine in the morning when the door opened.

"Are you awake Young Master?"

"Cale nim there is a message by his Highness, it is important!"

Ron noticed that Choi han had passed him and headed for Cale's bed.
So the butler stopped him and patted his shoulder.

"It's too early for the Young Master to think about these things...you should go back to your training"

"It's important I said!"

They were smiling, but their eyes were cold.
It was hard to believe that two people like them were comrades, although in the original story Ron was supposed to follow Choi han and abandon his young master, in this reality it was the opposite.
They just couldn't stand each other.

"Ahhh my Human!"

The dragon's scream spun the two men who were speechless.
In place of their Young Master, there was a red-haired child who was rubbing his eyes.

"Where I am?"

The small child began to cry.

~~~

Cale is weak, has poor stamina and for the love of his slacker life he can't seem to know when to stop taking a job after another, despite vomiting blood and faint as if he is an old dying man. Even when he does nothing, 'danger' seems to find him. That's why I am honestly glad he has his family to back him up, protect him, so he doesn't have to deal with all the things life  thrown at him every day, by himself. But since he is completely oblivious about others concern for him, he usually  brushed it off as 'why are they glaring at my head. Do they think it is gonna explode or something?' Lmao

I wish he could see how much they love him...