𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

The torture of a memory

_____________________________

My eyes fluttered open slowly adjusting to the light of the room.I began to sit up from the bed until I noticed the same boy sitting on the chair next to the bookcase reading a book.

He noticed I was awake and placed the book down and started walking towards me.

"Move, we have places to be"he spat storming out the room.

I scoffed before following behind trying to keep up with his large strides along the hallway.We reached the top of the stairs and began to walk down.

I looked at the clock on the wall and it was 6:30pm.I glanced out the window and noticed it was still light outside.

We walked into a room with a large dining table, the chairs of the table were occupied apart from two.

The boy sat down at the table and gestured for me to do the same.

I looked around and observed each of the boys that sat at the table.I returned my gaze to my ring feeling so awkward being the only girl there with a table full of strangers.

A glass slammed onto the table prying me from my thoughts.

"Care to explain why you were 3 hours late"

"I passed out"I replied still looking at my hands.

"Look at me when your spoken to"he shouted. I looked up from my hands and towards to boy.

He chuckled and took a sip of his drink.

"Let me guess"he paused placing his glass on the table.

"You can't handle the guilt of killing your father, the endless reminder of the moment you watched him die"he stood up from his chair began to walk towards me.

My hair escaped from my ears and lay at each side of my face.

"You can't decide whether you liked killing him or whether you regret killing him"he spoke getting closer to me.

I felt his hand move the hair at the right side of my face bringing it behind my shoulders.

"Don't be scared"he whispered in my ear.

He must have noticed I was fidgeting with my ring as he grabbed my hand and tore the ring from my finger.

I looked at my finger revealing a red burn where the ring once was.He slammed the ring against the table in front of me.

"Touch it and I'll cut your fingers off"he whispered in my ear.

He moved away from me and returned to his seat.

"He deserved to die"I spoke catching all the boys attention.

"Maybe he did, maybe he didn't but you still killed him"he spat taking a sip of his whiskey.