✎ 。Chapter Two

"If I see any of y'all coming after the dad

"If I see any of y'all coming after the dad..."- Violet

Your father and mother's eyes widened as they chuckled at them. They stammered out an excuse to help diffuse the tension.

"W-well...we decided that Nana is growing up and at her age, men wouldn't want to marry her anymore"

Your sister looked at them betrayed, her eyes saying that she didn't even want to be married or date someone.

"Fathe-"

Your step-mother stopped your father from cutting in. You looked at the kind and Queen awkwardly, them just smiling, Knowing that they hadn't talked to either of you.

"Your father had nothing to do with this! I made him do this considering you look as though your aging faster and we wouldn't want your beauty to leave you..."

You and her scoffed at your "mother" but continued eating silently. But...you were at least great full that you weren't marrying him. The queen clapped making everyone get out of their troubled thoughts.

"Oh! I really do apologize for Kou not being here. The east was currently being attacked so our darling, Kou wanted to help...but he did say he got a gift for his fiancée and her sister!"

The queen smiled at you as you just pondered what the "gift" was. You quickly finished the bouillabaisse and macarons that were set down an hour earlier.

"Erm what is the gift?"

"Oh! It's a surprise, daring"

She giggled ever so slightly at you thinking about it but none the less continued eating.

You let out a breath of relief when you all made it back home, you quickly helped your maid with taking off the dress from your body. Getting into your nightdress until hearing a knock on the hard wooden door.

You opened the door only to see your sister, her hand comforting herself by rubbing her arm. You waved her inside, looking at your maid, hoping she would take the hint that your sister isn't in a good state and to leave.

"...I'll take my leave now miss [Y/N] and miss Nana"

You gave her a small that she quickly returned before she left. You sat down on the bed, prompting your sister to sit down onto it as well.

"Soo...you excited to be a queen?"

You tried smiling towards her as she only rolled her eyes, flipping back onto your pastel pink bedding.

"Hell no! You know I want to marry someone else...if only that bitch was king instead of that man whore Kou..."

She screamed into the pillow as you rubbed her back, consoling her. You made an ugly face, imagining the prince.

"Ugh . For real, like jeez who does he think he is? Like oh my god, he's a prince! nobody cares."

She giggled at your words, both of you not having any etiquette in private, being so comfortable with each-other. You went to your bedside and grabbed the macarons that your maid left there. You opened her mouth and shoved them in. She chomped on them angrily, her hair in her mouth.

You only giggled at her, grabbing a pillow and shoving it into her face. It fell down and her face had a look of shock before turning her so slightly mad and happy

"You did not.."

You smiled at her

"I think I did"

She grabbed the pillow that was once thrown onto her face and you with an extra one and began fighting each other. She pushed you onto the bed, you both giggling as your head was already off the soft feathers, hanging onto the side. You grabbed your pillow and smashed her with it. You heard footsteps, stopping immediately and shushing your sister,

"Wa-wait shush..."

Your step mother walked in as though she owned the place, her hair wild and face full of fury.

"How dare you think you can wake me up. Go to sleep now, or you won't be fed until the next day. You. Go to your room"

She pointed at your sister, your sister and you both looking at each other. putting back the feather pillows, she waved good bye to you and walked out as your step mother stomped back angrily. You sighed, flipping backwards and pushing the blanket onto your body with just your feet.

Word count: 725